British Speedway Forum

Tai doesn't ride here. :rolleyes:

So that's a no then. Seems a deal to me. :t:

Trap a nerve did it Brum... :rofl::rofl:

Trap a nerve did it Brum... :rofl::rofl:

It might do for some if he comes in for Howarth in July, the forum would go into meltdown. :rofl:

So so sorry for the fans of Somerset speedway - they appear to have been let down by inept promotion / management who believed they could compete in a already watered down "top flight" league with dreadful resources. Their recent rider changes in the last few days prove that they are still clueless. In previous seasons have attended Somerset on many occasions, and making specific travelling plans on my way down to Devon and Cornwall from my Midlands base to experience one of the best UK speedway circuits. Alas, no intention of repeating this any time soon.

Expect Somerset speedway hierarchy will not be bothered about me no longer attending a few times during the season, but speedway fans are not daft and sure there will be numerous others who may agree with me too.

Always look across to the Oak Tree Arena from the M5 - but that's is it from me for the time being.

• Like 1

It might do for some if he comes in for Howarth in July, the forum would go into meltdown. :rofl:

Wolves won't need Tai they are the strongest side in the league, the top 5 could all be heat leaders. But yes an injury to anyone of the top 5 and Tai can come in. So many teams making changes as was expected

While I don't necessary think the changes made are an improvement, it's the team I chose to support when the track opened. I will continue to support them if they try their best, the racing this year so far has been fantastic and long may it continue. More dirt and water on the track and I'll be happy.

So so sorry for the fans of Somerset speedway - they appear to have been let down by inept promotion / management who believed they could compete in a already watered down "top flight" league with dreadful resources. Their recent rider changes in the last few days prove that they are still clueless. In previous seasons have attended Somerset on many occasions, and making specific travelling plans on my way down to Devon and Cornwall from my Midlands base to experience one of the best UK speedway circuits. Alas, no intention of repeating this any time soon.

Expect Somerset speedway hierarchy will not be bothered about me no longer attending a few times during the season, but speedway fans are not daft and sure there will be numerous others who may agree with me too.

Always look across to the Oak Tree Arena from the M5 - but that's is it from me for the time being.

Not sure how we have been let down - see Drews post which sums up the majority of our feelings!

How are they clueless? Think they are probably one of the most switched promotions in the whole of British Soeedway. Sure they get some things wrong, but even Lord Ford manages that!

You appear to have a chip on your shoulder but don't really explain why, other than stamping your feet and saying I'm not going anymore....

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 4

Oh dear.

• Like 2

Have read this several times and have decided it's a wind up.
  • Like 2

Have read this several times and have decided it's a wind up.

Lets hope so Cliffboy, if not then maybe its markyb thats clueless.

• Like 1

Have been a Rebels fan for a number of years and have the greatest respect for Gary. He has had 5 great years in the old Prem and have no doubts he will do the same in the new Premiership, lets give the guy a break and support him and the team.

• Like 2

Has to be...especially when mentioned it's one of the best Speedway Tracks in the Country. Why would you drive past if that's the case?

I'm a 'returnee' to Speedway in recent years, and that's down to the great racing at Somerset. I got bored senseless watching at Blunsden week in week out.

Plus there is a real 'togetherness' at Somerset. You feel part of something. Debbie and Gary are fantastic. What they've achieved is nothing short of a miracle.

Fantastic promotion and fantastic team manager....along with the facilities and great racing and friendly atmosphere. What's not to like?

I love the fact that Gary tried to keep the majority of last seasons team. To let them have a go.

Somerset have Knocked Leicester out of the KOC, Beaten Belle Vue away...and had three home meetings go to the last heat.

The only 'let down' I've seen this season, was the form of Tungate. Never a number 1, but everyone I'm sure would have expected him to score 2-3 more points a meeting? Done that and the results I'm sure would have been slightly better.

Would rather watch the great close racing every week, and be excited at watching it, and finish bottom of the league. Than thump other teams by 15-20 points at home on some 'trick track' with massive home advantage.

Still don't think Somerset will finish bottom though.

I'd rather support and celebrate good close racing, than winning the league any day of the week.

Swindon's racing is boring compared to Somerset, but its 2 miles away as opposed to nearly 80. If I lived somewhere such as Bristol/Bath would go to OTA.

• Like 1

Swindon's racing is boring compared to Somerset, but its 2 miles away as opposed to nearly 80. If I lived somewhere such as Bristol/Bath would go to OTA.

I only went to watch Swindon when Bristol packed in.

Interest dwindled around early mid 90's. Probably not long after Andrew Silver leaving. Loved watching him around Blunsden.

Then Somerset came along and the interest reignited.

I'm hoping the new track when built at Blunsden will give similar type racing to Somerset.

Both are roughly equal distance from where I live. I'd be happy to watch both if it became so.

I'd be lost to Speedway if it weren't for Somerset.

• Like 2