British Speedway Forum

Terrible. More bike troubles again packing up in heat 1, never looked like being in contention after that.

Looks like Gary will have to make changes then... ;)

Weird that Starke is doing so well for Peterborough.

We lost by 5 last nignt and in the 3 heats Starke and Tungate rode together we conceded -10 points (4 to Wolves 14) . Everyone is doing there job at the mo apart from those two

Starke is now bottom of the averages on 4.00 that is a drop of 2.62 and Tungate a drop of 3.89. Changes need to happen by Monday otherwise there is no chance of getting a proper number 1

Starke is now bottom of the averages on 4.00 that is a drop of 2.62 and Tungate a drop of 3.89. Changes need to happen by Monday otherwise there is no chance of getting a proper number 1

I get the feeling it will be left that Hougaard will be our number 1 for the remainder of the season (or Josh averages depending) and that we will use whatever points are available after our final meeting away to Wolves Monday to replace Starke with.

I hope we get a thrashing to allow us extra points to play with as we are only about 2 points under the limit at the moment, so not exactly season changing just yet.

I get the feeling it will be left that Hougaard will be our number 1 for the remainder of the season (or Josh averages depending) and that we will use whatever points are available after our final meeting away to Wolves Monday to replace Starke with.

I hope we get a thrashing to allow us extra points to play with as we are only about 2 points under the limit at the moment, so not exactly season changing just yet.

Would you really drop Starke? Surely it's Graversen you drop allowing Starke to drop to reserve where he should pick up. Graversen is as good as he's ever gong to get right now.

Starke and Tungate in reserve with a 5-6 pointer at number 2 or 4 replacing Graversen would be pretty tidy. Lewis Bridger wouldn't be a bad signing at all if it's true that Championship riders will have their averages divided by 1.4 when changing leagues.

Would you really drop Starke? Surely it's Graversen you drop allowing Starke to drop to reserve where he should pick up. Graversen is as good as he's ever gong to get right now.

Starke and Tungate in reserve with a 5-6 pointer at number 2 or 4 replacing Graversen would be pretty tidy. Lewis Bridger wouldn't be a bad signing at all if it's true that Championship riders will have their averages divided by 1.4 when changing leagues.

Quite possibly yep - although it'd be harsh on Graversen who has more than done his job whilst Starke has looked very poor in the last couple of weeks. I'd more than welcome the idea of Bridger though. Can be abit of an idiot but think he would be brilliant at home.

• Like 1

. I'd more than welcome the idea of Bridger though. Can be abit of an idiot but think he would be brilliant at home.

:rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Quite possibly yep - although it'd be harsh on Graversen who has more than done his job whilst Starke has looked very poor in the last couple of weeks. I'd more than welcome the idea of Bridger though. Can be abit of an idiot but think he would be brilliant at home.

Bridger is the twitests of twits but when he's riding well he's great to watch. And on a sub 5 point average he's only going to improve. A bad Bridger is better than a good Graversen, even if dropping Graversen is harsh.

Bridger is the twitests of twits but when he's riding well he's great to watch. And on a sub 5 point average he's only going to improve. A bad Bridger is better than a good Graversen, even if dropping Graversen is harsh.

Struggling to disagree with any of that.

:rofl:

I see the troll is back.....

• Like 1

Struggling to disagree with any of that.

I see the troll is back.....

No troll mate. Sorry, i got the mate bit wrong.

Edited by Starman2006

We needed a couple of riders to have bad scores in April, but that did not happen. Not very good planning from the management as a team does not get to the play offs with the points it gets in April .

Is this really where we are now? Supporters wanting their team to under perform or get thrashed. Not meant as a dig at either poster - only the beast the rules have encouraged.

• Like 1

This is the classic 'quirk' situation of Speedway.

Tungate starts at around 9 and falls to 5

Graversen starts around 3 and improves to 5.

But when it comes to who stays Tungate is the better option despite not doing his job whilst Graversen has been better than many expected.

Success is all about riders improving their average so Tungate now has 2-3 possible/probable upswing in his average with little or no chance of dropping further (especially if drops to res)

Graversen is most unlikely to score more and may well tail off after his positive start.

Similar comparison could be set with a Starke/Graversen head to head.

Harsh but thats the reality of the choices.

Bridger? Are we on a collision course for disaster? He might be talented on a speedway machine, but he's left a trail of demolition in his career.

From assaulting a geezer in a nightclub, to assaulting a supporter in the crowd with his crash helmet, I also recall some interesting 'team riding ' with Kennett, live on sky sports for Lakeside. Not entirely sure he will fit in with the family club that is Somerset. The Joey Barton of speedway. No thanks.

• Like 3

In all fairness to Bridger he has conducted himself in a professional manner in 16/17 even parting company with Revolution. Now he is on Kylmakorpi equipment is doing much better. At Sheffield in the British SF was like a Man possessed!

Think GM would be the ideal person around Bridger.

All points you have said are all true

Bridger? Are we on a collision course for disaster? He might be talented on a speedway machine, but he's left a trail of demolition in his career.

From assaulting a geezer in a nightclub, to assaulting a supporter in the crowd with his crash helmet, I also recall some interesting 'team riding ' with Kennett, live on sky sports for Lakeside. Not entirely sure he will fit in with the family club that is Somerset. The Joey Barton of speedway. No thanks.

• Like 1

Bridger has so much natural talent which nobody has been able to make the most of, on the right average and in the right environment he could be a very useful signing.

• Like 1