British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

What a strange sport speedway has become - when a club releases its third highest points scorer yet still has places for those of presumably less ability and lower points scoring potential.

Less ability ,,lower points scoring potential ,urge ? ?.?? Are you joking Gustix

I think you have misunderstood me waco! I was not referring to the fact that Paul Hurry's signing had displaced David Mason from the Lakeside Hammers' squad. Rather was it those whose names appear below Mason in the current green sheet averages.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/lakeside17

Edited by Guest

Unless you make two changes then you wont be seeing Hurry this weekend anyway

​An interesting comment Heathen1984. What is the possible scenario that you visualise?

Of course, we still have to see what will be related when the next batch for Press Releases - from the SGB and Lakeside Hammers - come to hand in regard to this weekend's matches.

Edited by Guest

Trust me, ull hear today, cant bring him in for mason. Should hear confirmation soon

Does Mason want to be back though? He's riding for Swindon today now after Kelvin initially told him not to.

Does Mason want to be back though? He's riding for Swindon today now after Kelvin initially told him not to.

When was David Mason told by Kelvin Tatum NOT to ride for Swindon Sprockets? There's nothing - so far as I can see - on Lakeside Hammers website to that effect.

And, after his 'replacement' at Lakeside this week by Paul Hurry, for what OTHER reason should Mason not ride for Swindon Sprockets?

Edited by Guest

When was David Mason told by Kelvin Tatum NOT to ride for Swindon Sprockets? There's nothing - so far as I can see - on Lakeside Hammers website to that effect.

And, after his 'replacement' at lakeside this week by Paul Hurry, for what OTHER reason should Mason not ride for Swindon Sprockets?

When Mason got dropped earlier this week Mason said that he'd agreed to Kelvin's proposal to not ride for Swindon this week, in order to stay fit for his Lakeside commitments.

I think you have misunderstood me waco! I was not referring to the fact that Paul Hurry's signing had displaced David Mason from the Lakeside Hammers' squad. Rather was it those whose names appear below Mason in the current green sheet averages.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/lakeside17

Because without averages the sport would end up being a free for all and then only the more affluent clubs would survive.

If you want more clubs to go to the wall then by all means advocate teams signing whoever they want to fill their 1-7.

Including Paul Hurry so early in the season is a major coup for Jon Cook and Kelvin Tatum...still don't understand how they managed to

get his average low enough to do it, but good luck to them. Can only see the Hammers at the top of the table now.

Don't think anyone understands how they did it within the rules and recent precedents!

Kent dumped mason a few weeks into 2013 and replaced by Compton. Mason then resigned a couple of months later. So don't rule out a return.

Still no announcement from the powers that be ,regarding Hurrys eligability to ride,,,if it has not already been decided,,they are certainly keeping us all in suspense????

Alex Spooner in for the injured Hunter, now that puts a new angle on the averages saga.? Thats two changes ,,Tatum and Cook say Hurry rides both meetings this weekend..........

Edited by waco

So Hurry rides this weekend and then his average goes up?! He's either eligible now or he never is!

Alex Spooner in for the injured Hunter, now that puts a new angle on the averages saga.? Thats two changes ,,Tatum and Cook say Hurry rides both meetings this weekend..........

I read the PR thinking he was coming in as a 'guest', but thinking about it they'll have no-one else missing so could only use R/R if he's injured. So maybe Spooner has been signed.

Edited by Islander15