British Speedway Forum
Paddy The Rebel

Best Teams You Can Build Under 50pt Limit

Sorry but is there some 4th dimension portal where this information is transmitted from!

Have a look at the SpeedwayGB twitter feed. All is revealed on there....

Here we go... would like to see Leicester Lions with this line up

1. Nicholls 9.22

2. Harris 9.21

3. Klindt 8.90

4. Wozniak 8.27

5. J Jacobs 5.36

6. A Morris 4.83

7. M Clegg 4.04

TOTAL 49.83

• Like 1

I am confused with the 2 point average ruling so I would put out 2 teams

Surely the strongest team has to fit the format so I would probably go:

1) Niels Kristian Iversen 12.63

2) Best 3 point rider

3) Tai Woffinden 9.86

4) Vaclav Milik 7.94

5) Chris Holder 12.01

6) Best 2 point rider J Smith?

7) Best 2 point rider JPB?

Your strong for every heat except reserves races but even than the young riders would improve vastly under top riders or experience etc or you go:

1) Freddie Lindgren

2) Best 4 point rider

3) Tai Woffinden

4) Chris Harris

5) Matej Zagar

6) Best 3 point rider

7) Best 3 Point rider

Both teams are under 50.

It's been confirmed by SpeedwayGB account on Twitter that there is no limit to how many Double up riders a team has this year.

However if a team has a lot then they risk clashes.

It's been confirmed by SpeedwayGB account on Twitter that there is no limit to how many Double up riders a team has this year.

However if a team has a lot then they risk clashes.

No it hasn't, SGB Premiership Twitter account is an "Unofficial Fan Page" so certainly not officially confirmed at all

Edited by Danny Smith

No it hasn't, SGB Premiership Twitter account is an "Unofficial Fan Page" so certainly not officially confirmed at all

Sorry didn't realise it was unofficial. Just saw the title and headline they were using

Here we go... would like to see Leicester Lions with this line up

1. Nicholls 9.22

2. Harris 9.21

3. Klindt 8.90

4. Wozniak 8.27

5. J Jacobs 5.36

6. A Morris 4.83

7. M Clegg 4.04

TOTAL 49.83

Feel you can probably get better than Nicholls for 9.22. Also, Klindt will be on a 5.42, so use the extra 3.5 from that to improve on Ashley Morris as well...

Don't think we'll be seeing Max Clegg queuing up to sign to ride for Norrie Allen...

2) Best 3 point rider

3) Tai Woffinden 9.86

4) Vaclav Milik 7.94

5) Chris Holder 12.01

Your strong for every heat except reserves races but even than the young riders would improve vastly under top riders or experience etc or you go:

1) Freddie Lindgren

2) Best 4 point rider

3) Tai Woffinden

4) Chris Harris

5) Matej Zagar

6) Best 3 point rider

7) Best 3 Point rider

Both teams are under 50.

You'll be lucky to get Chris holder on 12.01. He's 12.53 (from an 8.95 final EL average)

Why is the SpeedwayGB twitter - as it appears on the main page of the SGB/BSPA website - 'unofficial'?? If its 'unofficial then so is the official post-AGM statement from the same source!!!

So maybe we shouldn't believe anything that's appeared so far as its all just unofficial conjecture - apparently!!?

Edited by Skidder1

You'll be lucky to get Chris holder on 12.01. He's 12.53 (from an 8.95 final EL average)

Why is the SpeedwayGB twitter - as it appears on the main page of the SGB/BSPA website - 'unofficial'?? If its 'unofficial then so is the official post-AGM statement from the same source!!!

So maybe we shouldn't believe anything that's appeared so far as its all just unofficial conjecture - apparently!!?

The SpeedwayGB twitter page is official the SGB Premiership twitter page they are referring too and where mdmc got her info from is just a fan page.

2) Best 3 point rider

3) Tai Woffinden 9.86

4) Vaclav Milik 7.94

5) Chris Holder 12.01

1) Freddie Lindgren

2) Best 4 point rider

3) Tai Woffinden

4) Chris Harris

5) Matej Zagar

6) Best 3 point rider

7) Best 3 Point rider

Both teams are under 50.

Someone with my line of thinking. Option 1

Even allowing for CH being half a point higher than you show, we know Woffinden won't be back but still with over 9 points to play with, there are options.

Let's not dismiss J Smith and JPB who are 2 of the brightest long term talents we have.

Yes there will be some reverses in reserve races but weigh that up with the massive experience these 2 guys would have riding with seniors plus the points that would be gained having 3/4 big hitters in many of the races plus the latter part of the meetings when there are 5 ride options in the last heat.

Such a line up would also pull crowds in although would need a club with deep pockets such as Poole. I think too many people online are not considering these young 2 point guys. If this is all about the future of British Speedway then the clever and wise promoters should be looking to snap them up 1) For the long term benefit of the sport and 2) To give them the additional purchasing power for the top half of their teams. Think about it. 2 x top young GB riders x 2 points = 4 points leaving 45 points for the remaining 5 riders. Not such a daft idea in my opinion.