British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

As I've mentioned before, as Powell is at reserve on a 4.05, both remaining riders have to be at least that, so can't be a 3 pointer and can't be Spiller as not enough points to accommodate him.

thanks, just scrolled back to see , got a couple of points more than i thought. so if it's kelsey , and i have my doubts, there's 5.21 left.

If it was me, you'll be glad its not !! But there are not many left to choose from. Jack Smith would have opened a few eyes but may have needed a re - jiggle.

I would have Jack Kingston and Chris Widman as our last two riders.

Baseby

Widman

Coles

Kingston

Wood

Brennan

Powell

How's that for a long shot.

If it was me, you'll be glad its not !! But there are not many left to choose from. Jack Smith would have opened a few eyes but may have needed a re - jiggle.

I would have Jack Kingston and Chris Widman as our last two riders.

Baseby

Widman

Coles

Kingston

Wood

Brennan

Powell

How's that for a long shot.

Widman has signed for the Isle of Wight

thanks, just scrolled back to see , got a couple of points more than i thought. so if it's kelsey , and i have my doubts, there's 5.21 left.

The problem is there aren't really and riders available near 5.21. Cottham on 4.70 or Terry-Daley on 4.55 are as near as you would get and would leave the team at least 0.5 under the limit.

If you could tempt a rider out of retirement Sam Chapman 5.18, Mikey Neale 4.85 or Moggo Jnr on 4.94 changes the look of the side completely but the last 3 would be rusty.

Moggo would be the most likely for me as Luke Harris and Ellis Perks where in the same Cradley team in 2015 so is who I expect most.

So may have been helping Ellis or Luke last season

Edited by Nathan Mole

The problem is there aren't really and riders available near 5.21. Cottham on 4.70 or Terry-Daley on 4.55 are as near as you would get and would leave the team at least 0.5 under the limit.

If you could tempt a rider out of retirement Sam Chapman 5.18, Mikey Neale 4.85 or Moggo Jnr on 4.94 changes the look of the side completely but the last 3 would be rusty.

They did promise a surprise!

Kelsey confirmed!? By the looks

Kelsey Dugard is back with the Eastbourne IT First Eagles.

He returns after a year way from Arlington riding on the Isle of Wight.

Dugard was a member of the Eagles’ inaugural 2015 National League team but missed out on a team slot last year.

Eagles’ team manager – and Kelsey’s older brother, Connor, – said: “. I'll be one of the first to admit I didn't think he was up to it at times. I have told him where he's at as opposed to where he thinks he's at.

“In fairness I look at his average and it has gone down, however, the league was harder last year and he did ride at number 2 so that was fair enough and he didn't actually crash as much as he did in the previous year.

"We have a deal with Kelsey with regards to his fitness and bike maintenance which has been a major problem in the past. However, he has promised us that will change.

“He really has to crack on this year and establish himself at this level as riders that started at the same time as him really have progressed massively in the past two seasons."

Kelsey said: “"It's great to be back at Eastbourne. I understand what's expected of me this time around. I really enjoyed last year at the IoW with Base (Club number 1, Mark Baseby) and I want to enjoy it again. I look forward to seeing all the fans."

Eastbourne have now announced Mark Baseby, Connor Coles, Georgie Wood, Tom Brennan, Charley Powell and Kelsey Dugard.

The last signing is due to be announced at the end of this month by the IT First Eagles Management.

Im liking this eastbourne side, in comparison with other sides it looks very solid.

Just need a rabbit out the hat signing to complete things

• Like 1

Im gonna go with a long shot and say Jake Turner

Im gonna go with a long shot and say Jake Turner

Save me searching where does Jake Turner come from/riden for!

Edited by gazzac

Baseby 7.73

Dugard 4.28

Coles 7.11

Turner 5.00?

Wood 7.62

Powell 4.05

Brennan 3.00

I believe he is from NZ not to sure if he has British parents/ passport involved with/ rides with BWD hasn't ridden league in UK. rode in world U21 quailfier one ride and it was rained off.

I believe he is from NZ not to sure if he has British parents/ passport involved with/ rides with BWD hasn't ridden league in UK. rode in world U21 quailfier one ride and it was rained off.

Whoever the last signing is along with Kelsey, pretty strong reserve pairing with a strong one to come down if Tom improves dramatically.

As has been said, need to find another 'Brad' on an assessed 5, and that would be a really good team!!

Was hopeful of someone like that a few day's ago!

The rider needs to have British passport and will come in on a 3 'not a 5 so you can rule that out