British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

That's the normal interval time for Eastbourne, has been for years and don't think the club get any complaints as meetings are always done in at least 2hours or less.

Not sure what can be expected with the amount of falls and tape exclusions, all of which in my mind add to an entertaining meeting.

I barely even looked at the time as I found it extremely enjoyable and eventful. Just shows how different fans look at speedway I guess.

Must admit, I would love to do away with the interval all together. That when I get bored but that's the same for any form of entertainment.

I think it's adds to the excitement. Does the ref not control how slow a meeting is run?

Agree, think he's also been a bit unlucky with a couple of ref's decisions and last week was in a pile up because of a mistake by Wood in front of him.

I take your point, particularly as Charley has had to have Tom as his partner every heat 2 and has met Jenkins 4 times. In a couple of weeks when the 'stars' move into the 1 to 5 he should score even more. He has speed and I don't question his effort and courage, what does concern me is the way he often struggles to keep control. Every time I see him I wonder if he is going to wobble which does my nerves no good at all.

Not sure what can be expected with the amount of falls and tape exclusions, all of which in my mind add to an entertaining meeting.

I barely even looked at the time as I found it extremely enjoyable and eventful. Just shows how different fans look at speedway I guess.

Must admit, I would love to do away with the interval all together. That when I get bored but that's the same for any form of entertainment.

To be fair, neither did I. Then again I was with some friends I hadn't seen for a while.

I agree about intervals, though. I have never met a fan that likes them and have met many, many that don't and consider they are the worst case of unnecessary delay in speedway.

I think it's adds to the excitement. Does the ref not control how slow a meeting is run?

To a degree.

I thought Barbara Horley's handling of the meeting at Peterborough yesterday was rubbish. It shouldn't be the case that the riders are on track and riding round before the 2 minute warning comes on almost every time and, on one occasion, 3 were at the tapes when it did.

That's the sign of a poor referee, when the riders are ready to race before the official.

• Like 1

I see speculation of a Coles and dugard move to iow all I can see is that they sign knight but who else?

I see speculation of a Coles and dugard move to iow all I can see is that they sign knight but who else?

Gary Cotham R/R

Not a 100% sure of my maths but if the speculation does prove right think it has to be someone under 3.26 if Knight comes back. Not sure who that would be though.

Haven't checked what Nathan Greaves average is, but if it fits I would think he would be a great straight swap for Connor Coles.

i don't know if it is too late for connor at eastbourne or not ,and i know it's easy for me to say, but if i was him i would tell newcastle that he's had enough before he's dropped anyway and concentrate on getting his form back with eastbourne. he's certainly a poorer rider by doing both what ever the reason.

The problem is that Coles is mates with the Dugards, has moved to the south coast and has a job down there as well. Im not saying that Eastbourne have ever done anything but put the needs of the club first but i suspect Connor will be given more time than another unconnected rider.

Bit of a merry go round but if Bacon went to Newcastle, Greaves to P'Boro & Coles to Ipswich it would give all riders tracks they are more suited to without impacting their NL teams.

The problem is that Coles is mates with the Dugards, has moved to the south coast and has a job down there as well. Im not saying that Eastbourne have ever done anything but put the needs of the club first but i suspect Connor will be given more time than another unconnected rider.

Bit of a merry go round but if Bacon went to Newcastle, Greaves to P'Boro & Coles to Ipswich it would give all riders tracks they are more suited to without impacting their NL teams.

The problem is timing. If they don't make a change before May 20th then they will not be able to use Jake Knight unless they release either Baseby or Wood . No way I can see that happening so in the interest of the club they have to bite the bullet and say sorry Connor. IOW is not far away so would be a handy transfer.

Without Jake we will struggle against the top teams and if we have an injury to Brennan, Bates or Powell we could be in real trouble.

Replacements are difficult to find and we always to have injuries.

The problem is timing. If they don't make a change before May 20th then they will not be able to use Jake Knight unless they release either Baseby or Wood . No way I can see that happening so in the interest of the club they have to bite the bullet and say sorry Connor. IOW is not far away so would be a handy transfer.

Without Jake we will struggle against the top teams and if we have an injury to Brennan, Bates or Powell we could be in real trouble.

Replacements are difficult to find and we always to have injuries.

Fair enough. To be honest i thought Jake was taking a year out but given his twitter status it looks like he has itchy gloves.

Id be very surprised if he was anywhere but Eastbourne so i guess the delay is who the other rider coming in is going to be?

Well with Connor missing this weekend because of riding for Newcastle, they may wait abit longer as if Kelsey's average goes up as it is currently they will have more points to play with.