British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

With Connor Coles signing for Newcastle, I can't see there being many Sunday meetings at Arlington next season.

says in the s/star that 'most' meetings next season will be run on saturdays.

It could be his Championship club he is announcing he hasn't said it is specifically a National League team.

However if it is a National League team it lessens the chance of it being Eastbourne as they would be running a high risk, having already confirmed Wood and Coles, that if the points limit came down of not having many points left to work with.

spot on No1 , ellis is joining redcar for next season.

Thats a bummer. Had him down as a dead cert.

Gonna be a very different team next year now with all three heat leaders gone.

We need a number one and there are not many real ones around now with so many moving up. Could it be Kyle Hughes again. Hope he has fully recovered from last years injuries.

I now have a feeling it will be Hughes.

Has Adam Ellis said he won't be riding next year? Or have people just ruled him out because of circumstances/high average? Because if he is willing to stay he'd be the best rider in the league by a mile, bring in Powell and Dugard too, to fit in with the already signed riders and fill in whatever you have left, if it all fits together and Powell, Dugard and one of the reserves kick on that looks like a championship winning team to me

1. Adam Ellis 10.98

2. Charley Powell 4.05

3. Connor Coles 7.11

4. Kelsey Dugard 4.28

5. Georgie Wood © 7.62

6. Tom Brennan 3.00

7. 3.00? (Strudwick, Phillips or Piper) any other choices?

I hope that the 3.00 average riders will go down to 2.00 like in the higher leagues and the there'd be 2 extra points to play with in the main body, Hopwood instead of Powell maybe?

Or Harris instead of the number 7 rider

The NL shouldn't drop the limit to 2.00, when the majority of new 3.00 riders attain an average just above a 3.00 anyway! It's often the same riders who are useless that perennially hit between a 2 and 3 average.

• Like 1

All the speculation depends on the points limit again, once we know that we can have a really good guess. Think the lower limit will stay at 3 though whatever.

got to say i'm both disappointed and surprised by perks' news . thought championship and national would have suited him better for another year remembering his scores at plymouth i think he's in for a tough year . good luck to him though.

I think mark baseby will be an eagle next yr

come to think of it he could be as I saw him in the crowd a couple of times last season and must get along with the promotion. Also guested on a couple of occasions

Looks as if Connor Coles is an Eagle for 2017 :t: Just look at the Diamonds thread

1. Georgie Wood 7.62

2. Ben Hopwood 5.83

3. Dan Greenwood 6.82

4. Dave Mason 6.54

5. Connor Coles 7.11

6. Tom Brennan 3.00

7. Niall Strudwick 3.00

Total: 39.92

If Hopwood and Greenwood recapture their form of a few years ago and Georgie Wood and Coles continue to grow like they have last year yous could have 4 8.00 point riders on your team, then Dave Mason and 2 solid, young, British reserves

Strudwick young? There will probably be reserves in the NL next year that were still in nappies when Strudwick started riding and they're probably miles better than him already too.