British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

As I haven't got a private jet, I agreed to look after his bikes, collect and deliver him ,from and two the airport and given him overnight accommodation in my Pub, WHAT ELSE CAN A GOOD BOSS DO !! Lol. Might even give him a free sesh on the beer for every maximum he scores....

• Like 6

As I haven't got a private jet, I agreed to look after his bikes, collect and deliver him ,from and two the airport and given him overnight accommodation in my Pub, WHAT ELSE CAN A GOOD BOSS DO !! Lol. Might even give him a free sesh on the beer for every maximum he scores....

With no disrespect to him you're giving him a very good deal

Don't think you'll be getting him any beers for maximums though.

Steve Boxall on the other hand is very much a wasted talent. He has ability in abundance but tends to suffer from poorly prepared equipment. If you can solve that problem you'll have the perennial problem of PL and CL teams after his services.

Back in the day Kyle Hughes looked like a future top league heatleader in the making but too many injuries seem to have taken there toll. An injury free season would be a godsend for him and maybe give him a kickon for 2018 at a higher level

With no disrespect to him you're giving him a very good deal

Don't think you'll be getting him any beers for maximums though.

Steve Boxall on the other hand is very much a wasted talent. He has ability in abundance but tends to suffer from poorly prepared equipment. If you can solve that problem you'll have the perennial problem of PL and CL teams after his services.

Back in the day Kyle Hughes looked like a future top league heatleader in the making but too many injuries seem to have taken there toll. An injury free season would be a godsend for him and maybe give him a kickon for 2018 at a higher level

As a co promoter I intend to do the very best for all of our team, I I hope to be able to put Steve back to where he should be and hope he will be given the chance in 2018 to develope his skills in the professional levels of our sport. As for Benji's maximums, the first session will be named after you Sir....

• Like 5

As a co promoter I intend to do the very best for all of our team, I I hope to be able to put Steve back to where he should be and hope he will be given the chance in 2018 to develope his skills in the professional levels of our sport. As for Benji's maximums, the first session will be named after you Sir....

You have picked a team, and I have no doubt you will give them all the support they require..Supporters should now stand back and give 100% support to you and the team picked.

If you are a speedway fan you will go and watch them at the SBA,you will make your mind up about riders over the season.

The very best wishes to both promoters and all the team.

• Like 4

I would hope that the commercial manager would already have leapt on this idea. Bandvulc tyres at Ivybridge have recently been bought out by the giant Continental tyres, they were probably the first ever major speedway sponsors at Norwich back in the 60s. nNOT SURE BUT I think they might own Mitas as well. The brothers who owned the company (Bandvulc) were not interested in sponsorship even when I suggested running one of their tyre shows at speedway tracks as suitable for the shows, parking for visitors, potential catering , large display areas and the visitors could even stay on for an evening match. With a change of ownership at the company and potentially a company who are Speedway savvy MAYBE they might now be worth a well thought out and put together approach for a sponsorship deal.

Thanks Barncooseboy. I had already spoken to Bandvulc and had a definite no the same as yourself. Awaiting response from Continental but I might run out of air waiting!

Any suggestions always welcomed via Private Message on the Devils proboards.

I trust you are well, Regards

(That's blown my cover on this forum, damn!)

Thanks Barncooseboy. I had already spoken to Bandvulc and had a definite no the same as yourself. Awaiting response from Continental but I might run out of air waiting!

Any suggestions always welcomed via Private Message on the Devils proboards.

I trust you are well, Regards

(That's blown my cover on this forum, damn!)

Have you been in contact with Chris Dawson (THE RANGE) he used to race pre'65 scrambles. As a very successful businessman he won't just had you a load of cash - you will have to show you have something worth buying!!!! good luck for 2017.

Have you been in contact with Chris Dawson (THE RANGE) he used to race pre'65 scrambles. As a very successful businessman he won't just had you a load of cash - you will have to show you have something worth buying!!!! good luck for 2017.

used to sponsor/advertise the team ages ago when Mike Bowden had it.. so he probably blew it.. always worth another try but he is now national as well.

Edited by no name

With 3.33 left, perhaps bring in Reece Downs (3.33) as far as i know he never retired?

Whilst a rider may not officially retire if they don't ride from the end of 2014 isn't self imposed exile the same thing? (not that its hurt Rikki Mullins chances). Reece had plenty of potential but like many around his age appears to have drifted away from the sport? Would think a better bet would be a local second half rider / Nick Phillips for the final position.

Edited by Sings4Kings

With 3.33 left, perhaps bring in Reece Downs (3.33) as far as i know he never retired?

Pretty sure he has sold all his equipment but you never retire at his age

Re the Range.

Thanks Chris,

Yes like everyone, chased Mr Dawson but he hides very well and as you say it was blown earlier. An approach in more recent times was also fruitless and seemed to have shut the door permanently.

Best wishes, Roger

Edited by Devilman
  • Like 1

Re the Range.

Thanks Chris,

Yes like everyone, chased Mr Dawson but he hides very well and as you say it was blown earlier. An approach in more recent times was also fruitless and seemed to have shut the door permanently.

Best wishes, Roger

Did you go down and see Mr Dawson or a rep of the Range last season or is this hear say from some one else.

• Like 1

Did you go down and see Mr Dawson or a rep of the Range last season or is this hear say from some one else.

Here we go again🔪🔪🔪