British Speedway Forum
robert72

Darcy Ward Says No Holder At Poole No Me At Poole

Darcy will be over in Poole later in the year when it warms up to keep a watchful eye on Brady and Jack.

He had already made it known that he would probably not be over for the Foundation meeting - which is to raise money for other injured sports people, not Darcy himself - because of the likelihood the british weather would be too cold for him.

• Like 1

Sounds like Darcy Ward has been caught or had a post misinterpreted on Twitter.

It isn't the first time he has said the wrong thing on Twitter including the Nicki Pedersen statement and the Tai comment.

I think Darcy should quit Twitter and I am fortunate enough never to have read or been on that site being a grown up adult.

Those sites can easily misinterpret any given sentance.

• Like 3

I've criticised Darcy in the past, but can't see anything wrong with this tweet.

He and holder have been the two stars you associate with poole for this decade, so it is an end of an era. And this year's top flight will be arguably the weakest ever. That's what he's pointing out here, and it's hard to deny that it's true.

• Like 5

Bothered enough to come on this thread!!

Not quite..

I read this thread to find out exactly what Darcy said and the reasons why..

I'm not bothered whether he ever goes back to Poole or not

Not bothered Skidder :t:

• Like 1

I've criticised Darcy in the past, but can't see anything wrong with this tweet.

He and holder have been the two stars you associate with poole for this decade, so it is an end of an era. And this year's top flight will be arguably the weakest ever. That's what he's pointing out here, and it's hard to deny that it's true.

Spot on. That's exactly the point he was making.

• Like 1

Can't see anything wrong with what Darcy has said to be honest. He is still a bit of a fool irrelevent of the tragedy that happened to him but in this case there is nothing to be seen here! Case closed

Exactly, end of an era, that's how I took it. Oh and by the way, some wheelchair bound people find it very difficult to keep warm. I would think if you have no leg movement it would be. Trying to have a go at him on that basis is pathetic.

• Like 4

Darcy is entitled to his opinion, can't say it means anything at all to the top flight.

Bit foot in mouth if he suggesting not supporting the top flight if he wants to run a meeting at a club he has a long association with.

However it's not the first time and won't be the last he makes such a flammable post.

I must rate as one of the most critical of speedway fans re: Darcy Ward, however when reading that post I took it to mean that Poole are now without Chris and himself riding for the team, nothing more nothing less.

• Like 3

I must rate as one of the most critical of speedway fans re: Darcy Ward, however when reading that post I took it to mean that Poole are now without Chris and himself riding for the team, nothing more nothing less.

So what's the significance of the 'what even is speedway in UK. Anymore' bit. Seems to me he's decrying the sport over here in total, not just Poole.

This is a misinterpreted quote. Read it again. He is saying ..."No Chris at Poole (due to the crazy average conversion), and he then says..."No me at Poole", (in double irony about the bad situation).

He is not saying "well if Chris doesnt ride then I won't have anything to do with Poole. He is not that spiteful. He has a wonderful relationship still with Neil and Matt. More than anyone on here could realise.

And can anyone deny him of decrying speedway in Britain? It is a bloody shambles. Why shouldn't an ex world class rider be able to make a statement like that. Its true. Don't be hurt by what he says.

Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 4

Some people reading far too much into the DW tweet. Team speedway is slowly dying on its arse. Too expensive to run, not enough people paying through the gate. It can only go one way

• Like 2

The problem with the English language is it can be ambiguous and people will read things how they want. I think it was an innocent tweet and don't believe he was having a go at Poole - why would he?