British Speedway Forum
Speedway28

Mildenhall 2017

Very very long tail though if Say Parker is the other reserve:

Jenkins will move to 4 verge at 2 (who isn't a number 2) especially around mildenhall.

Ruddick and Parker at reserve aren't exactly world beaters, I predict mildenhall to just miss out on the play offs

Jenkins will move to 4 verge at 2 (who isn't a number 2) especially around mildenhall.

Ruddick and Parker at reserve aren't exactly world beaters, I predict mildenhall to just miss out on the play offs

I think thats the danger for a lot of teams this season with a "star" reserve. It only works if they can be kept at reserve like Brum managed this season otherwise the threat is neutralised when they move into the main body of the team. The top 3 is as good as anybodys but if any of them have a off night/afternoon im not sure the tail is capable of picking up the slack?

The top 4 (including Jenkins) should provide enough heat winners to beat enough bottom half teams away to give them a play-off spot. Add to that 6 of their likely 7 have been previous Feb Tigers, they'll be very strong at home. Admittedly Ruddick and Parker won't be strong reserves, but they're definitely not useless either and have done enough laps round West Row to be alright all season and in the play-offs.

I have a feeling Parker won't be number seven. Decent side though, shame that Coles had to leave but one of the top four had too. If Mountain is fully fit he should improve further. Verge should score a few everywhere he goes, he improved a lot last year. If it doesn't work, I'd expect Bebee to take his place if he fully recovers from his serious injuries. Ruddick is definitely worth the risk on 3.10 average. From the press release, he has Connor Coles' mechanic from last season working with him in 2017 so sure that will help him improve.

If you replace Verge and the unannounced final rider with Bowtell and Hampshire, which I suspect was the original plan, the team would have been nearly league winning in my opinion.

Unfortunately this hasn't come off but with a final signing that can improve their average I suspect we will be there or there-abouts for the play-offs, subject to Connor Mountain returning from injury OK.

I think thats the danger for a lot of teams this season with a "star" reserve. It only works if they can be kept at reserve like Brum managed this season otherwise the threat is neutralised when they move into the main body of the team. The top 3 is as good as anybodys but if any of them have a off night/afternoon im not sure the tail is capable of picking up the slack?

Mildenhall won't be the only team with 3 or 4 points between their heat leaders and the second strings - Isle of Wight are already like it, and Cradley are too.

Simple truth is most teams will have what looks like a top heavy side because there are very few 5 or 6 point riders available.

Its a little early to tell, but I think that's a very decent team. Jenkins is good - and I mean good - Armstrong can improve but the one I think will surprise everyone is Ruddick. He's definitely got some real ability and just needs to channel it better.

Was a post on their facebook page yesterday that they were going to announce final rider tonight, but now said it's delayed and hope to announce next week.

• Like 1

Not many good 3.28 pointers going around but think Jordon will move up after first ave change and Luke will be at reserve so will still have a good reserve there

Probably the best 3 pointer left out there (excluding those rumoured to Belle Vue Storm).

It's an impressive side and should make the play-offs imo.

Edited by Islander15

I know I've already said it, but that is one very top heavy side and they are banking on Jenkins being a wonder kid

Yeah and Jenkins already showed last season he will be a wonder kid with an 8point average from what meetings he did last season

• Like 1

Gotta agree, Jenkins will only be at reserve for a month. Then it will most likely be number 1 or 5.

Adzmft often live broadcast Jenkins pre meeting spins as a 14 yr old, and he often clocked times similar to heat 1 of the meeting.