British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

I'd be underwhelmed with that signing. A useful number 7, but not really a number 6 let alone number 2. This Brummie side doesn't look as strong as usual.

With the massive success last season,Brum were bound to suffer this season.

Saying that,I still think Brum will be challenging at the top of the League.

Halder or Basford for the last spot then

Halder's average no longer fits. Edited by eaglesno1

Halder's average no longer fits.

I think Halder will be the Coventry part of the Belle Vue/Cov mix up.

Burnett would virtually use up all the available points? Otherwise its a 3 pointer or marginally over and end up almost half a point under the limit. If its a wonder rookie as the final signing it wouldn't really matter but a persistent 3-3.5 rider could be a worry.

Edited by Sings4Kings

The top four will do the majority of the scoring, Hume and JPB have improvement in them too. Hay may take some time to get going, there's pressure on Cuppit to step up to the mark if the Brummies want to retain their title I think.

Jheeze that's a weak tail. Weaker than Eastbourne last year and your top 4 isn't half as strong as theirs in ellis knight wood & perks. Hattrick? I don't think so.

I'd rather my team gives a chance to a 15 year old British rider than going down the Stoke route of signing up the Chelsea Pensioners

• Like 5

That is what the NL is all about giving a talented young Brit a chance.Winning is great of course but the NL should not be all about that it is getting the balance right.Kean has gone to the right club and he will learn alot off of Mr Drury and his record with youngsters is second to none.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

I think the reality was after the first few weeks of the off-season once Jenkins and Lawlor had been snapped up, that unless Belle Vue didn't run and we could pursue Bickley then we were always going to have to take a bit of a flyer on our last rider. I'm sure it'll take a while for Kean to adapt to this level of racing, but hopefully by the end of the season he can be hitting that 3 point average.

We were blessed at reserve last year and with Zach the year prior, it seems like a little bit more back to reality this year but I have faith that Cupitt will be able to add to his starting average, and we're probably going to need him to if we're to be successful, you'd expect JPB to up his average but you'd have thought the rest will do well to maintain their starting average between them, particularly if Ritchings carries on where he left off.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

If one of the top four are underperforming then Lee Dicken will be in the pits most weeks on a reasonably attractive average you'd imagine.

Still think the Brummies will do well, play-offs should beckon at least.

I think the reality was after the first few weeks of the off-season once Jenkins and Lawlor had been snapped up, that unless Belle Vue didn't run and we could pursue Bickley then we were always going to have to take a bit of a flyer on our last rider. I'm sure it'll take a while for Kean to adapt to this level of racing, but hopefully by the end of the season he can be hitting that 3 point average.

We were blessed at reserve last year and with Zach the year prior, it seems like a little bit more back to reality this year but I have faith that Cupitt will be able to add to his starting average, and we're probably going to need him to if we're to be successful, you'd expect JPB to up his average but you'd have thought the rest will do well to maintain their starting average between them, particularly if Ritchings carries on where he left off.

I think Hume/ JPB will up there averages and will be a very good top 2 for Brum. Edited by Sidney the robin

Im not really sure what is going on with the make up of the Brum team this year? Perhaps Drury has got a little complacent and thinks he can win the league with any side he picks? I rate Bacon but he is no number 1, Ritchings i feel will slide away this year, Hume & JPB ought to improve but it leaves a lot of pressure on the tail. I think once Cupitt moves up to number 2 and Hay moves down you will have a reserve combo that wouldn't look out of place at Buxton.

In preparation to be quoted all season when i am proved wrong (again) "This Brum 1-7 won't get near the play offs"

• Like 1

Drury has definitely been caught out this year and without changes, I can't see this team making the play offs. A lot could depend on Cupitt and Hay this year.