British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Pretty sure They can pick and chose from them all till kean gets fit unless they redeclare there team

Yeah they will tbh, apart from Basford because his average is over 3.00. It doesn't make sense for them to redeclare.

I'd go for Rob Parker tbh. I think Ben Basford said he's taking a year out and Leek is a candidate for a Warriors reserve spot.

From what I heard from the Peterborough practice yesterday both leek and Parker may be a good shout. I was told that Parker looked decent but mullins was looking very rusty and much more of a rider than before he retired last time

• Like 1

Everybody always looks good in practice have they raced in amature meetings over the winter

From what I heard from the Peterborough practice yesterday both leek and Parker may be a good shout. I was told that Parker looked decent but mullins was looking very rusty and much more of a rider than before he retired last time

I've always liked Parker tbh. Hopefully that's a positive sign for Mullins that he'll do alright once he's shaken off the expected rustiness.

Everybody always looks good in practice have they raced in amateur meetings over the winter

No. I met a lad at an amateur race meeting yesterday though who would suit, Luke Whitehead.

No. I met a lad at an amateur race meeting yesterday though who would suit, Luke Whitehead.

He must have come on quite a bit since i last saw him ride as from memory all of the others on this thread would be a good distance ahead?

I've always liked Parker tbh. Hopefully that's a positive sign for Mullins that he'll do alright once he's shaken off the expected rustiness.

Apologies slight miscommunication. I was told there is quite a bit more of Mullins than the last time he rode. In the company of Laurence, Whitmore & A.N.Other he was made to look quite average (but equally i have little idea amount the amount of track time they have had vs Mullins)

• Like 1

Luke rides in the support class and got a fair bit to go to catch the open class riders

• Like 1

He must have come on quite a bit since i last saw him ride as from memory all of the others on this thread would be a good distance ahead?

Apologies slight miscommunication. I was told there is quite a bit more of Mullins than the last time he rode. In the company of Laurence, Whitmore & A.N.Other he was made to look quite average (but equally i have little idea amount the amount of track time they have had vs Mullins)

Ah I see haha. I dont know if those pair have had much practice this winter either but Laurence has been around years and never broken past a 3.something average and Whitmore looked well off the NL pace last season.

I've always liked Parker ...

Will Lady Penelope "spanner" for him too?

Macauley Leek finished the 2016 season with a higher average than Harvie Banks. A proven race winner too, with two first places away from home and one win on the notoriously tricky Drye House circuit.

Fair play, i don't always like the things that Brum say & do but, Fair play. Lets hope they stick with him for 6 weeks?

Edited by pete cc

Macauley Leek finished the 2016 season with a higher average than Harvie Banks. A proven race winner too, with two first places away from home and one win on the notoriously tricky Drye House circuit.

In fairness queen liz would have finished the 2016 season with a higher average than harvie banks.

That said it's a like for like swap and hopefully he gets a decent run in the side.

Luke rides in the support class and got a fair bit to go to catch the open class riders

Support class equates to MDL; however, they were only a second or so slower than the Open class, which contained some good NL riders. The point is, that Kean could only be replaced by an unattached 3 point rider anyway, which would generally be an MDL rider. These will only improve if they are given a chance in the NL.