British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

1) The club had restarted and was handed to him at the end of season in which the club had made a profit that's why its a joke .

Yes - the club had restarted, but I believe that the money was pledged to Tony Mole at the beginning of the year and couldn't be presented earlier for logistical reasons. Once money is promised you surely cannot expect it to be reneged upon can you?

where was it asked what to do with the money can you show me one single public message offering to give people there money back ?

or was it decided in your closed group where its members only who were asked?

I see you ignorned my request for information on this supporters group odd that isnt it ..

People moan about transparency .

Logistical reasons ?? bank transfers are instant did it take 8 months to get the massive cheque onto the centre green .. I bet there was no logistical problems cashing it in .

Point proven closed shop.. get elected onto the committee is the only way I could have my idea adopted ....

It's a private members club the same as any other private members club. It has a democratically elected committee, a constitution and a proper way of doing things. I don't see that they have anything to be ashamed about. If I remember rightly, club members are allowed to attend committee meetings, and present ideas, but they can't vote on them.

For more information, try here - https://www.facebook.com/brummiesfans/

Edited by uk martin

Logistical reasons ?? bank transfers are instant did it take 8 months to get the massive cheque onto the centre green .. I bet there was no logistical problems cashing it in .

Most of your questions can be answered on the Brummies Fans Forum - under Supporters Club or Fighting Fund pages, The question above could be answered by the BSSC treasurer if you care to ask her,

And for the record I am not a committee member nor a club member.

As one of the "old outdated people" still on the supporters' club committee, can I respond to redandyellow's comment. The two genuine "oldies" on the committee are myself, who has been a Birmingham supporter since 1953 and Brian Bott (the chairman) who has been a supporter since 1946. We are well aware of the fact that the club needs new and younger committee members with fresh and modern ideas, but redandyellow is quite wrong if he thinks we are both for some reason, clinging to office - both of us are quite willing to stand down and make way for younger replacements without rancour or any kind of resentment, and the sole reason why we have not done so is the fact that no one has been prepared to come forward as our potential successors.

We did what we felt best for the good of the club (the speedway club not the supporters' club) in respect of the fighting fund and I feel that our intentions were well publicised at the time. Mr Redandyellow has every right to be critical of us if he wishes - and we respect that right, but if he had some suggestions to make, it would surely have been better to have raised them at the time and not two years later?

I have never objected to being criticised and I do not take it personally when I am. The Supporters' Club is in the process of being reorganised and will hopefully have a bigger role to play in the coming season - starting with a bid to bring the membership back to what it was a few years ago.

Edited by BBuck
  • Like 2

Opening night is against Cradley on March 22nd. Thats early this year and a good meeting to start with.

Is that wat the meeting is, always gona ride against each other wasnt they!!

They wasn't, yes.

• Like 1

Better to open against Cradley, than the other "go to" fixture of the past - against Stoke.

Opening night is against Cradley on March 22nd...

West Midlands Trophy

This meeting is specifically EXCLUDED from the Season Ticket entitlement. So if you have bought a season ticket, don't forget to turn up with a spare £13 in your pockets to pay your way in with the rest of the great unwashed.

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/admission

I see OAPs will have to pay full price at the turnstiles.

Has that always been the case at Perry Barr?

No. Last year OAP and students £2 cheaper at £11

OAP's have to pay full price on groceries and clothing in Perry Barr's One Shop Stopping Centre too. Scandalous. 😐