British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

Chris Holder

I think it will be a lot closer than that! I don't expect any of those top 3 to consistently be able to beat their counter parts. Certainly wouldn't fancy calling Noddy over KK.

In my opinion Kings Lynn have a stronger top 3 and Poole are stronger in the second string roles and slightly at reserve

If i remember rightly was there not a debate on here about this time last year where most Poole fans were adamant that Holder would never ride for another British club now most are happy to see him go, what a difference a year makes.

I think all positions are close, Hans finished with a marginally better average than Lambert so that would suggest there isn't much between them. Batchelor and Kurtz are close too and both have let their team down at vital times in the past. Porsing has proved himself at EL level whereas Jack holder has more potential but has to yet prove it. Newman and Klindt are better but close too. I have seen Bailey a few times and he has potential to be a decent reserve so possibly just has the edge over Shanes.

aloud! no need to shout!!

I am Allowed to make a mistake😅😅and a happy Christmas to you.😆

Yep i agree Newman is a better rider then Rose but there was less than half a point between them at both levels last season and at Lynn Rose over took Newman twice in the same night so he certainly can mix it with him and will score well at home.

But yes Newman is the better rider

looking at it Newman had a easier life in the crap format of the elite than he did in the premier league we will see what happens next year the format may be harder in the premiership

If i remember rightly was there not a debate on here about this time last year where most Poole fans were adamant that Holder would never ride for another British club now most are happy to see him go, what a difference a year makes.

I don't think most Poole fans were adamant that Holder would never ride for another club, rather a small handful of posters saying the same thing again and again.

• Like 1

I don't get all this crap about averages being the reason Holder was not signed by Poole. When someone who has served the club so well, been a legion for more years than one can remember, been an inspiration to so many, top scored most seasons, at any other club he would have been the first name on the sheet. even had the average been doubled. Whatever reasons behind the thinking, it had nothing to do with his average. Especially with the heat format going back to when the heat leaders were the most important rider in the team. Its all very good having strong reserves but that not that important any more. Riders like KK and Andersen are OK, but they are also moody riders and have more oft days than most. These two cannot be compared to the quality of Holder. It is for this reason I feel there is more to it than we know. Could it be Finance?, Could it be Personalities?, Could it be Attitude? It could be a number of things .

A Happy Christmas to you all......

So to me you are clearly just guessing.. You dont know, do you..

I don't think most Poole fans were adamant that Holder would never ride for another club, rather a small handful of posters saying the same thing again and again.

Tbh they are only going on what Holder has said in the past. He was the one that said he would only ride for Poole. Star man chooses to believe it 100%. But most people know riders only tell you want they think you want to hear.
  • Like 1

So to me you are clearly just guessing.. You dont know, do you..

I have never said or pretended to know the reasons why Holder and Poole have parted. All I've said that I believe the reasons why this has happened is not just down to the factored average. Chris Holder was too good a rider to let go on that reason alone.....

No doubt one day it will come out in the wash, and we'll all know the reasons why!!!!!

Tbh they are only going on what Holder has said in the past. He was the one that said he would only ride for Poole. Star man chooses to believe it 100%. But most people know riders only tell you want they think you want to hear.

Spot on & the same goes for promoter, pinch of salt is all we should take from any comments said.

At the end of the day, we have Holder & you don't and both clubs & fans are happy with their teams.

Talk is cheap, only in October will we know who's done right & wrong.

Let the battle commence on track from March

• Like 1

I have never said or pretended to know the reasons why Holder and Poole have parted. All I've said that I believe the reasons why this has happened is not just down to the factored average. Chris Holder was too good a rider to let go on that reason alone.....

No doubt one day it will come out in the wash, and we'll all know the reasons why!!!!!

Many have said and im saying again, its all down to figures. Also reserves win you meetings.

• Like 1

Many have said and im saying again, its all down to figures. Also reserves win you meetings.

Quite clearly the reason Holder left wasnt just solely down to figures but you keep banging that drum.

Reserves win meetings? How did that go for you in the play off semi finals last year?? Your reserves outscored Wolves (including bonus points) by 35 points to 23, yet you lost over the 2 legs??

Oh and in case you werent sure Belle Vue's reserves outscored Wolves reserves over the 2 legs as well but didnt win!

No good your reserves scoring 15 between them and your secong string being rubbish

yes in last format reserves won meetings next season will a little different I think

I wish Chris all the very best at King's Lynn. Sad to see Noddy leave but Matt Ford has done the right thing. Signing KK gives us more points to play with (01.46).

Quite clearly the reason Holder left wasnt just solely down to figures but you keep banging that drum.

Reserves win meetings? How did that go for you in the play off semi finals last year?? Your reserves outscored Wolves (including bonus points) by 35 points to 23, yet you lost over the 2 legs??

Oh and in case you werent sure Belle Vue's reserves outscored Wolves reserves over the 2 legs as well but didnt win!

No good your reserves scoring 15 between them and your secong string being rubbish

You said it all, thats why we lost the title..