British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

Chris Holder

He will fit fine. He will have a lower average.

well let's hope Chris and Matt make up before then

When it was spoken we had attained Holder for 2017, I was well chuffed, thinking he was more than able to compensate for Neils. I too was thinking this was just a temporary fix for when Niels comes back.

But them feeling all changed last night. It was obvious to all present that there were major issues between Holder and Poole, the loaded average was used as a smoke screen, but the real problems went far deeper. He was really pleased to be at KL enabling him to continue ridng in the UK. His friendship with Troy was there for all to see. His banter with the fans and riders was from someone very happy to be where he was. He loves the track, he has a lot of friends locally, and many Aussie riders close by. I got the impression he was very settled in the surrounding and cant wait to do a good job. After the meeting, he mixed with the fans, talking and posing for pictures like he known them for years... He more than felt at home.....

Them feeling I had about this being a temporary appointment, seems a million miles away after last night... Just probably, Holders here to stay......... :wink::wink:

He may go back to Poole one day,, but I wouldn't bet on it......

• Like 2

Having a year away from Poole will be beneficial to Chris.

Good luck in 2017 at Lynn.

As it would for most riders !

well let's hope Chris and Matt make up before then

Theres no fall out mate, it was purely a numbers game.

Not what Chris said .....

• Like 1

Not what Chris said .....

So what did Chris say then Speak to him personally did you ?

Edited by Starman2006

Why do you have to be so confrontational all the time?
  • Like 1

Starman in yet another case of being the only person to think he is correct!! Been well documented last season that there were issues between Holder and Ford. Chris Holder States at his unveiling as a Lynn rider there were 'deeper issues' then just the new averages. Been documented and heard by a number of people. But yet the Dorset fool think he knows better than everyone.

Chris says different

Why do you have to be so confrontational all the time?

yes iam afraid so
  • Like 1

Loves the track? Ha ha. Why did he say ALL Uk tracks were crap then??! KL moved to another country has it?

​ Yes, I did speak with Chris personally. He said he was well pleased to be a KL, he's looking forward to the challenge, he has plenty of friends and riders based locally and cant wait to get started. When questioned about Poole, he replied he would always have a connection with the area, not necessary the club...was pleased to have the opportunity of riding in the UK again..... I think that meant a lot to him....

I didn't want to delve any deeper into the reason why, was just pleased he is here and wants to ride for Lynn. Lets live today, and let tomorrow take care of itself....

• Like 2

I'm sure holder is good friends with Lewis Rose which may help bring lewis on a bit, as I'm sure Lewis and Chris go moto x together, his main sponsor in the U.K. Is based up this way, good friends with Batchelor, the people he use to live with when he first came to the uk are only 30 miles down the road. so I'm sure he will settle well in our area and won't want to go back to ride for Poole again !

• Like 2

There were some personal issues with Chris - most of them off track - which affected him especially in the first half of the season. Davey Watt also had personal off track issues to deal with.

They only become Pirate issues if/when they start affecting performances as Davey found out to his cost. MF certainly had words with Chris mid-season. Whether they can be classified as a 'falling out' or not is pure conjecture.

I prefer to go with Chris' father, Mick Holder, who has confirmed there is no issue between MF and Chris other than speedway's numbers game which has disappointedly meant that Chris didn't fit into Poole' preferred 1-7.

I'm as pleased as Chris that he has a place in UK speedway and delighted that he is professional enough to say the right things to his new fanbase. Whether his off-track situation affects his on-track performance we shall have to wait and see. I hope not.

• Like 4