British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

Chris Holder

Although I dont think it will happen re Chris at Somerset, he would be

Close to home

Good airport links

Aussie connection

Track he knows well and won the Pairs on.

Downside it would seriously reduce our all round strength which I believe we are going to need especially at home.

Edited by Cliffeboy

When Chris first came to ride in this country and rode for the ISLE OF WIGHT He was to be found doing laps of Kings Lynn every week after the

meetings and must have done More than lots of the 2016 squad. He knows the place well.

Although I dont think it will happen re Chris at Somerset, he would be

Good airport links

Really?

Chris will be at Lynn or Somerset.

More chance of Lynn because Somerset is a Friday track (GP Practice)

Somerset could always change their race night !

Somerset could always change their race night !

Would help massively as far as getting there is concerned. The M5 is murder on Fridays. Away supporters better leave yourselves plenty of time.

We tend to make a day of it. Visit the nearby cider farms and a couple of hours by the beach at Weston or Burnham. Cheddar Gorge isn't far away either, about 10-12 miles

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

I wouldn't have Holder personally at Somerset on an average which is unttainable - you have to seriously compromise your team. The only benefactors would be Poole the following season when he's on a realistic average.

Plus as mentioned before he'd miss around 10 Fridays with the GP's so I can't see it happening.

Why should i think beyond Poole. Would Man Utd think about Liverpool or Chelsea think about West ham ?. If other promotions cannot think for themselves then why should we worry. We have the biggest fan base in the country, but you can only spend what comes in which would be more than most clubs, even so, its a business and you do not comit financial suicde, and anybody that does needs looking at.

We live in the best area in the country, plenty to see and do. better than looking at brick walls.

i never mention any clubs i said speedway if there was no other clubs there would no poole :t:

i never mention any clubs i said speedway if there was no other clubs there would no poole :t:

Thats not down to Poole. If other promotions want to sit on there hands then thats there choice.

Would help massively as far as getting there is concerned. The M5 is murder on Fridays. Away supporters better leave yourselves plenty of time.

We tend to make a day of it. Visit the nearby cider farms and a couple of hours by the beach at Weston or Burnham. Cheddar Gorge isn't far away either, about 10-12 miles

True, I can get to Falubaz faster than I can get to the OTA on a Friday night!!!

Thats not down to Poole. If other promotions want to sit on there hands then thats there choice.

It would be if all the other clubs either went Championship League or packed it in, then Poole would have no one to race against.

It would be if all the other clubs either went Championship League or packed it in, then Poole would have no one to race against.

But thats not down to us mate. Its down to other clubs to put out competitive sides. Its in there hands.

It would be if all the other clubs either went Championship League or packed it in, then Poole would have no one to race against

I don't think it would be a bad thing for the premiership and championship to be amalgamated into one league and i wouldn't be surprised it that happens within the next couple of years.

Edited by foreverblue

I don't think it would be a bad thing for the premiership and championship to be amalgamated into one league and i wouldn't be surprised it that happens within the next couple of years.

With the lowering of the standard I think they should have Amalgamated this year IMO .Think it would have benefited the sport in GB to get back on track.
  • Like 1

Why should i think beyond Poole. Would Man Utd think about Liverpool or Chelsea think about West ham ?. If other promotions cannot think for themselves then why should we worry. We have the biggest fan base in the country, but you can only spend what comes in which would be more than most clubs, even so, its a business and you do not comit financial suicde, and anybody that does needs looking at.

We live in the best area in the country, plenty to see and do. better than looking at brick walls.

Spent many holidays on the South coast with trips to Wombourne Road but now go to Cornwall as it pi..es on the South Coast.

Also find the people there who can't get a girlfriend & sell magazines don't live their😉😉

• Like 1

But thats not down to us mate. Its down to other clubs to put out competitive sides. Its in there hands.

Poole, Poole,Poole,Poole. One day you will wake up and smell the coffee, Speedway as a product is sinking deeper and deeper into the smelly stuff, it needs all clubs to pull together and promote it better and make the product more attractive to would be new fans.

• Like 5