British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Actually the Americans were far better than I had expected, but I must admit that I had not done any homework before going to the meeting to

find out about them. Pity that Kent's missing injury riders almost certainly lowered the standard of opposition to them. None the less, the riders

who attacked them gave us some excellent racing. Agree with Hawks 1975 on his comments.

It seems Connor Coles replaces Nathan Stoneman for Kings.

It seems Connor Coles replaces Nathan Stoneman for Kings.

Really? Thought Coles was declared in the IOW side? Unless there are changes on the Island also?

I might not be a huge fan of Stoneman but would hardly be enthused about this move.

Really? Thought Coles was declared in the IOW side? Unless there are changes on the Island also?

I might not be a huge fan of Stoneman but would hardly be enthused about this move.

It was meant in terms of a guest as Stoneman has now signed for Sheffield and Sheffield have a meeting on Saturday so Coles is guesting for him.

It was meant in terms of a guest as Stoneman has now signed for Sheffield and Sheffield have a meeting on Saturday so Coles is guesting for him.

Penny drops. However another team of guests is hardly inspiring.

Actually, for me, it's the guests who make this meeting worth watching. Ayres is always entertaining and Coles has something to prove

Actually, for me, it's the guests who make this meeting worth watching. Ayres is always entertaining and Coles has something to prove

I guess it depends on your point of view. For neutrals like us, it looks like the guests even it up a bit more with 2 riders who know Arlington. But for a Kent fan you want to see Kent riders.

Well, while the BSPA have the policy of priority of riders going to the senior club, National League sides will always have to use guests from

time to time. That's a fact of life. It at least enables teams to retain their power at a more or less comparable level to normal, so although

guest riders are condemned by all and sundry ( including myself in the pure sense), no one has ever come up with a better solution. The

heavy injury rate in our sport has to be taken into consideration. We take for granted that riders stick their necks out, but, because they do

so, they sadly get hurt. We all applaud the air fence introduction ( should have happened years earlier when Bouncy Castles were first invented)

but, although they clearly help in some situations, injuries are still part and parcel.