British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Len runs these type of filler meetings at kent that other promoters wouldn't touch with a barge pole. I couldn't entertain going to this myself.

Good old Len ! :nono:

Just a track training session for the riders.

And you pay for the pleasure. :o

• Like 1

What a rubbish meeting to put on,,who the hell is going to bother to pay to see just 12 heats of this,,with biased pairings to try and make sure Len,s all time favorite Bowen wins what ever trophy they are putting up ..

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

What a rubbish meeting to put on,,who the hell is going to bother to pay to see just 12 heats of this,,with biased pairings to try and make shore Len,s all time favorite Bowen wins what ever trophy they are putting up ..

Why is Ben riding ?

Cannot see what he would get out of this stupid meeting !

He gets paid and loves riding everywhere and still has many fans down there,,,,,,,But i will not be going to Kent this afternoon to support such a poor meeting...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Do agree the pairings sleep lop sided.

For my the most competitive pairings would have been.

Morley or Bowen paired with Spooner and Andrews

Stoneman and Clifton

Hopwood and Thomas

As all 4 pairings would have very similar starting averages.

Hopefully the track is prepared for some quick times allowing Bowen and Morley a crack at the track record. Hopwood also posting some quick times recently as well.

My big fear is watching 4 of our own riders hitting bend 1 together and picking up injuries or broken machinery.

But being glass half full I appreciate the fact that we get speedway once a week all season long. Some clubs have 3 or 4 weeks gaps which amazes me.

The crowd will be about half the usual size I d suggest, but still a crowd many clubs would welcome for a competitive fixture.

• Like 1

Len is an old style speedway promoter that likes to run meetings every week. Not many tracks have the fan base to support filler meetings in sufficient numbers to make them viable.

Exactly my thoughts too

Why didn't they make it a decent meeting bringing back old favourites like Ayres, Shanes, Simon Lambert, Boxhall even Benji Compton Arron Baseby etc

8 sides, 10 heats - 2 semis and a final

would have been great and I would have been there like a shot

will stay at home instead

Can not see any sign of this meeting on the updates site .?.?

Exactly my thoughts too

Why didn't they make it a decent meeting bringing back old favourites like Ayres, Shanes, Simon Lambert, Boxhall even Benji Compton Arron Baseby etc

8 sides, 10 heats - 2 semis and a final

would have been great and I would have been there like a shot

will stay at home instead

Agreed, plenty of scope to make this a really interesting meeting, however just a practice session unfortunately...

Can not see any sign of this meeting on the updates site .?.?

No,says it all really. :lol:

Sure does!

Len Silver has been a great advocate for speedway and as many have said he still believes in weekly meetings and does what he can to achieve something that runs through his veins, speedway racing. I go back to the days when he ran Rayleigh and Hackney and always put on a great show often in difficult circumstances Many of you may mock his efforts, many just want team racing but what about the riders, so often you hear about track time and all this is doing is trying to achieve that and yes you have to charge but for goodness sake is it not about the riders and the racing. Riders willing to turn out and do the best to entertain and all the supporters do is take the p.. out of the promoter. Rye House survived for many years on open meetings and true speedway fans turned up. Think on all who criticise people like Len, Speedway will be a lot worse without his type being around still after all these years.

Was a good meeting and well worth a tenner. 5 years ago I had no speedway to go to, now I have it every week.

Crowd was down to around the SDL double header level but still a few hundred fans.

I know a few stayed away to save money for the 2 away matches next week.