British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

Wasn't Workington rescheduled from last night. Hence Williamson was also missing

Time will tell. Although it is fun guessing

Edited by TMW

First time visit to Buxton this afternoon...what a great experience. Total grass roots feel...almost Grasstrack like, being able to watch from your car on the back straight...but what a setting.

Definitely a track that takes some getting used to I'd say, especially into bend 2 from 1.

Made for some enjoyable watching.

Thing that stood out for me also, was the amount of females watching. Wouldn't be far off 50% from what I saw.

• Like 3

Utter pathetic from buxton tbh the team they built is a joke the perks signing was a bluff pipe you should be embarrassed

What about Max Clegg and Ben Basford?

Have the Basfords at reserve

Oops, forgot about Lee Geary, oh well

First time visit to Buxton this afternoon...what a great experience. Total grass roots feel...almost Grasstrack like, being able to watch from your car on the back straight...but what a setting.

Definitely a track that takes some getting used to I'd say, especially into bend 2 from 1.

Made for some enjoyable watching.

Thing that stood out for me also, was the amount of females watching. Wouldn't be far off 50% from what I saw.

Grasstrack with a bit of concrete sticking out of the track

Hey, you know that Pipe fella, brings in ALL the ladies ;)

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

I would like to see the team line up something like

1. Williamson

2. New signing - O'Keefe

3. Woolley

4. Rutherford

5. New signing - Clegg

6. Basford

7. Geary

I would think that the top 2 speeak for themselves and Woolley / Rutherford should get more points at positions they are more comfortable in. Could mean that Geary is busy for a while but he looks to be the most competitive 3 pointer in the side and would gather a few more points in the number 7 jacket.

Utter pathetic from buxton tbh the team they built is a joke the perks signing was a bluff pipe you should be embarrassed

That's a bit harsh don't you think they built to their capabilities and have been let down I wouldn't say it's a joke just very unfortunate

That's a bit harsh don't you think they built to their capabilities and have been let down I wouldn't say it's a joke just very unfortunate

• Like 1

I would like to see the team line up something like

1. Williamson

2. New signing - O'Keefe

3. Woolley

4. Rutherford

5. New signing - Clegg

6. Basford

7. Geary

I would think that the top 2 speeak for themselves and Woolley / Rutherford should get more points at positions they are more comfortable in. Could mean that Geary is busy for a while but he looks to be the most competitive 3 pointer in the side and would gather a few more points in the number 7 jacket.

Wouldn't Clegg be at 1? And wouldn't it be better to have O'Keefe at reserve? And have Geary, since he's the most experienced, in the main body?

• Like 1

Wouldn't Clegg be at 1? And wouldn't it be better to have O'Keefe at reserve? And have Geary, since he's the most experienced, in the main body?

Wan't sure about who's average was higher between Williamson & Clegg?

Its a tricky one as most experience says put Geary in the main body of the team but to be ruthless like other teams its put the strongest rider possible in the number 7 jacket.

Totally out of order and untrue. Perks agreed to ride back in February and then changed his mind although he did still agree to do a few meetings and then see what happened. Sadly he again changed his mind just before the first meeting - not much we could do about it. We have soldiered on the best we could in the circumstances and have now put in a new declaration which takes effect from Wednesday. Perhaps we should have just cancelled all the fixtures until someone became available or permanently.

• Like 6

Total bullsh*t,as soon as your club losses a £1 they will shut the doors.
  • Like 1

Wan't sure about who's average was higher between Williamson & Clegg?

Its a tricky one as most experience says put Geary in the main body of the team but to be ruthless like other teams its put the strongest rider possible in the number 7 jacket.

I think Clegg would be 10.08 and Williamson would be 9.49, Williamson at 5 would be amazing, can you imagine heat 13?

Yes, I see where you're coming from, so the number 7 will score a load of points that they might not have got at number 2

• Like 1

What about Max Clegg and Ben Basford?

Have the Basfords at reserve

Oops, forgot about Lee Geary, oh well

I think this is possibly the first time I've been right in about two years on the forum xD Although it was kinda obvious...

I think this is possibly the first time I've been right in about two years on the forum xD Although it was kinda obvious...

Except you're not right as you can't have the Basford's at reserve. Ben is in the top 5.

Glad to see that Buxton now have a good top two in the team.

Perhaps now they can move forward after a disappointing start which was beyond their control once Ellis played up.