British Speedway Forum

Have they got rid of the Fox now? :wink:

TWK says:

'The Speedway Star Website working fine for me.

I use FireFix - I don't know if that makes a difference or not?'

Or is it some kind of legal high, TWK has acquired Gemini? :unsure:

Very good you two. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Note to self - book in for Spelling Lessons. ;):blink:

• Like 3

Can only get on the website using Internet Explorer (which I do not use) both Firefox and Google Chrome report the account has been suspended.

My ISP is MEO Portugal, always worked on Chrome until now

I use Google Chrome and it's ok for me (it might have been fixed since you posted though, obviously!).

Very good you two. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Note to self - book in for Spelling Lessons. ;):blink:

Don't bother. Have to have a little fun sometimes. :P

• Like 2

I do sympathise and we don't like to lose any subscribers but it is out of our hands. Is there not another local newsagent that will take a regular order from you?

Everyone else advocates cutting out the middle man you're advocating I go through a middle man. :blink:

Edited by tyretrax

Everyone else advocates cutting out the middle man you're advocating I go through a middle man. :blink:

WE contacted the sorting office (Feltham) where Speedway Star subs are taken after collection in Surbiton but, as expected, they say that the fault must lay with those at the end of the chain.

Yes Philip the do. :t: It's just in the last six months this problem has arisen.

While I sympathise with your situation ,I think it's obvious the problem appears to be at your end or there would be A lot more complaints of late delivery in various regions .

You can never beat the Postal Service - I've given up trying. My Post comes when it comes - I don't care any more.

We are supposed to be progressing - I remember in the late Fifties I used to get three Deliveries a day - now I'm lucky to get one.

Still - that's progress I suppose. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::mad:

• Like 1

We are supposed to be progressing - I remember in the late Fifties I used to get three Deliveries a day - now I'm lucky to get one.

Yes, but there's now this new-fangled thing called the Internet where you can receive stuff more than three times per day, and where it's delivered almost instantaneously.

If postal delivery of the Spar is unreliable then an electronic version is available and that always arrives on time. If you read it on an A4-sized tablet it's not much different from having the magazine in your hands, and the old copies don't clutter up your loft.

• Like 1

While I sympathise with your situation ,I think it's obvious the problem appears to be at your end or there would be A lot more complaints of late delivery in various regions .

The problem isn' just at "my" end but in different areas served by different sorting offices. :mad:

I'm not sure what Speedway Star can do to help. They post them and then it's beyond their control. When notified of late or none delivery they can complain but realistically cannot force Royal Mail to do anything about it.

My experience over many years is that about 90% of the time it is delivered on a Thursday, 9% on a Friday and 1%, about once every couple of years, it is delivered on the following Monday or Tuesday or, not delivered at all. A call to the magazine has always been dealt with politely and efficiently and a new copy has been delivered to me, usually the next day.

• Like 2

When is the Prem league review edition of the star being released or have i missed it already thanks in advance.

I think it's April 1st edition so next week.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

When is the Prem league review edition of the star being released or have i missed it already thanks in advance.

WHAT do you mean by 'review' issue? Bumper pre-season edition is out next week.

• Like 1

Correct.

just before christmas my Star arrived on a Friday.

Four or five years ago when we had the heavy snow, one of my Stars took 10 days to arrive. It actually arrived the day after the following week's, which took 2 days to arrive.

Apart from this, my Star has made the 200+ mile journey overnight every week for 20 years and landed on a Thursday morning. (including this morning). The only difference over 20 years is that it used to arrive at 8am before I went to work. Now it doesn't arrive until gone 11am.

Clearly no problem with the Star leaving the Star offices. The person with the delivery problem needs to trace it from that end, starting with his own postman and working backwards.