British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Doubling / Trebling Up

Can anyone explain the rules for the above.

I'm not sure there are any at the moment, the old two year limit on doubling up has been scrapped to increase rider availability. Priority is given to the parent club or the first signed club, in the event of a fixture clash. Trebling up riders usually prioritise the upper league.

Can anyone explain the rules for the above.

on the general discussion section there is a topic called jokes , the answer should be in there as doubling up /down is the biggest joke in sport Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 5

Another reason speedway needs one hell of a shake.

Make it simple... and such questions are needless.

• Like 1

Well one promoter stated that a Premier(top) team can have as many as it wants but can only have two from the same lower club, but I see on the team lists on this forum that it states two d/u per team. So have no idea, can someone ask a promoter at one of these fan nights.

Well one promoter stated that a Premier(top) team can have as many as it wants but can only have two from the same lower club, but I see on the team lists on this forum that it states two d/u per team. So have no idea, can someone ask a promoter at one of these fan nights.

The rule is you can have as many as you like as long as no more than 2 from the same championship team.

Coventry so far have 4 double up riders. Could be 6 if Garrity & Sarjeant double up 😮

• Like 1

The rule is you can have as many as you like as long as no more than 2 from the same championship team.

Coventry so far have 4 double up riders. Could be 6 if Garrity & Sarjeant double up

Garrity already has, at Redcar.

Coventry so far have 4 double up riders. Could be 6 if Garrity & Sarjeant double up 😮

what a total and utter farce , speedway needs to change its name to bigamyway
  • Like 1

So a rider doubles up and end ofthe season has to ride for his owners club if they meet in the promotion relegation match and the other team gets a guest.....

So a rider doubles up and end ofthe season has to ride for his owners club if they meet in the promotion relegation match and the other team gets a guest.....

Yes.

Doubling up i don't love but see as a necessary evil (my opinion) its the trebling that i dislike. Riders should only race in adjoining tiers e.g Championship/Premiership or NL/Championship i don't agree that riders can do NL/Premiership like Ellis last season, Shanes this season etc

I don't have a particular objection to young British riders such as Max Clegg 'doubling up' as a way and means of gaining experience, but the situation has got out of hand when the likes of Craig Cook are doubling up and the likes of Lewis Bridger and Chris Harris are looking for doubling up places.

Equally there is no reason whatsoever why any non-British rider should be doubling up at all. The likes of Jack Holder and Lasse Bjerre should be riding in one league only. If they can't make it pay riding in one league in Britain, so be it.

I'm not convinced that the 'rider shortage' argument is valid argument for 'doubling up' either. I personally know of at least two non-British riders who are desperate for team places in the Uk this year but have received no offers, in part due to 'doubling up' and the reduction in the points limit at Championship level.

• Like 1

Doubling / shmoubling, according to this week's Star, Kyle Haworth, in addition to Sheffield & Wolves, will (apparently) ride for Ipswich next season. His average will be too high for the National League, but wonder if he will consider another Premiership club? He would be a seriously busy rider

Ok, the articles in the Ipswich section obviously refer to Kyle Newman but certainly had me thinking for few seconds, but so many riders are with different teams it's difficult keeping track who rides where at times....

Edited by Martin Mauger

New rules with regard to doubling up and who gets priority when there are clashes

Priority will be with the 'owning' Club,

If the rider is not owned by either club he is racing for, then if the rider rode for one of the clubs in the previous season, they get priority.

If he rode for neither or both clubs then the team in the league he is an asset of gets priority.

That means the following clubs have priority over the double up riders announced so far:

Danny King (Coventry)

Jason Garrity (Coventry)

Lasse Bjerre. (Coventry)

Lewis Kerr (Scunthorpe)

Josh Bates (Sheffield)

Jack Holder (Poole)

Kyle Howarth (Sheffield)

Edited by mdmc82