British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Tai Woffinden Testimonial

So the buggers at the the BSPA turned down Tai Woffindens request for a 10 year testimonial. Why? Maybe because he's only managed 8.25 seasons in the last 10 seasons! Maybe if he rode in 2017 and 2018 they're be happy to gloss over it not being 10 consecutive seasons but my God, he's pushing his luck and the complain about it.... Well!!!

If CVS wanted him to have a meeting that much and Tai wants to ride in a meeting over here that much then why not just let him promote his own one off "Tai Woffinden spectacular" at Wolves anyway? Just pay tax on it.

Testimonial Meetings became/is a bit of a joke really. It should be 10 years spent at one track (or at least with the same promotion). Benefit meetings, however, are another matter.

• Like 4

News just in. Tomasz Gollob has been awarded a 20 year testimonial as 2017 will be the 20th season since he signed for Ipswich!

So the buggers at the the BSPA turned down Tai Woffindens request for a 10 year testimonial. Why? Maybe because he's only managed 8.25 seasons in the last 10 seasons! Maybe if he rode in 2017 and 2018 they're be happy to gloss over it not being 10 consecutive seasons but my God, he's pushing his luck and the complain about it.... Well!!!

If CVS wanted him to have a meeting that much and Tai wants to ride in a meeting over here that much then why not just let him promote his own one off "Tai Woffinden spectacular" at Wolves anyway? Just pay tax on it.

Is this story real ? Is there a link ?

Maybe what happens next is what always happens in speedway. The situation deteriorates from childish to infantile. What else do you expect?

• Like 1

May be what happens next is he sees there is no good feel in England for him and he goes and knocks on Mark Lemons door.

And how exactly would British Speedway lose out if he does that?

As it is, he won't get paid for riding for Australia and he won't get a testimonial for the Australian league so he doesn't gain anything switching either.

A testimonial is meant for 10 consecutive years riding so Tai's time slot does not qualify.

Simple really !!!!

• Like 3

"I have no choice but to accept the decision, even though it has robbed the British public of the chance to see me in action. It's not about financial reward or anything like that; I just wanted to stage a meeting of celebration."

Seriously? Nobody has said he can't have a 'meeting of celebration' just that he can't have a testimonial which is clearly the correct decision. If he wants the British public to see him then I'm sure he'd be welcome at Peter Karlsson's farewell meeting, celebrating a true legend of the sport.

• Like 4