British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

Whos Left?

Right then so strike Geary (signed), Cottham (unlikely to ride) & the bottom group who are likely in demand** it leave 3 groups.

Group 1 includes riders who featured in a 1-7 last season, some may struggle due to improved averages & others may struggle because they struggled at NL level.

Group 2 were included in NL teams but didn't maintain their place

Group 3 are these still riding? names that have been mentioned but dropped off the radar?

Group 1.

J,Halder

J,Purchase

S,Tedham

S.Woods

B,Basford

K,Bowdery

N,Phillips

C,Hay

D,Holt

M,Leek

C,Locke

A,Mellish

Group 2.

R,MacDonald

R,Parker

k Dicken

Group 3.

L,Millar

D,Morgan

G,Piper

H.Banks

Rest

L Dicken**

RT Daley.**

D.Mason**

N.Stoneman**

J.Shanes**

K.Hughes**

L,Payne**

WARNING: This photo is from a July 1958 edition of 'Speedway Star & News'. It was taken at Southampton when England defeated Sweden 59-49 in a test match. The man in the centre - sharing the programme with Phil Bishop and Josef Kamper - is in fact the notorious gustix who, it is alleged, has belittled the National Development League in this thread. For the record, England won the match 59-49. If gustix made what is claimed by previous posters as a rare visit to a speedway just 59 years ago rather than go to a 'beloved' stock car track he may visit your track later this year.

Here is our John looking very young

15781592_318537641874212_851533753034224
Edited by Guest

Right then so strike Geary (signed), Cottham (unlikely to ride) & the bottom group who are likely in demand** it leave 3 groups.

Group 1 includes riders who featured in a 1-7 last season, some may struggle due to improved averages & others may struggle because they struggled at NL level.

Group 3 are these still riding? names that have been mentioned but dropped off the radar?

Group 1.

J,Halder
J,Purchase
S,Tedham
S.Woods
B,Basford
K,Bowdery
N,Phillips
C,Hay
D,Holt
M,Leek
C,Locke
A,Mellish
Group 2.
R,MacDonald
R,Parker
k Dicken
Group 3.
L,Millar
D,Morgan
G,Piper
H.Banks

Rest

L Dicken**

RT Daley.**

D.Mason**

N.Stoneman**

J.Shanes**

K.Hughes**

L,Payne**

Now that this thread is back on its mainstream, have you any updates in regard to your interesting comment please Sing4Kings?

Now that this thread is back on its mainstream, have you any updates in regard to your interesting comment please Sing4Kings?

Sorry i make so many interesting comments its hard to know which you are alluding to :D could you refresh my memory?

Group 1.

J,Halder
J,Purchase
S,Tedham
S.Woods
B,Basford
K,Bowdery
N,Phillips
C,Hay
D,Holt
M,Leek
C,Locke
A,Mellish
Group 2.
R,MacDonald
R,Parker
k Dicken
Group 3.
L,Millar
D,Morgan
G,Piper
H.Banks

Rest

L Dicken**

RT Daley.**

D.Mason**

N.Stoneman**

J.Shanes**

K.Hughes**

L,Payne**

Sorry i make so many interesting comments its hard to know which you are alluding to :D could you refresh my memory?

​The one you made yesterday - as quoted above. It tends to reopen the whole debate - at least as I see it - in regard to riders placements for the 2017 season. Stand by for flak being fired at me from the usual quarters!

I'm not surprised at Nick's signing, was putting some good performances in for Eastie at end of season.

Most definitely improved each meeting, so should put I reckon a point on his average if given whole season.

If you are referring to "the bottom group who are likely in demand**" then i stand by this comment as all of the riders included have been consistent NL point scorers & have averages that lend themselves to be included in 2017 teams as for whetever the pros & cons of the points limit system it is currently a numbers game.

If you mean "some may struggle due to improved averages & others may struggle because they struggled at NL level." as above its a numbers game and sometimes a rider ups their average a little and makes them unattractive compared to a flat 3 pointer. There are also riders in the list that struggled with NL for various reasons be they technical, financial or otherwise. As such these will make way as many 3 pointers have done in every season before. The nature of the sport suggests that some riders do not make the best of the opportunities given for various reasons and fall by the wayside.

• Like 1

I was wondering about George Piper,as he hardly rode last season and didn't pull up any trees on the few meetings he had since his comeback to the sport...

I was wondering about George Piper,as he hardly rode last season and didn't pull up any trees on the few meetings he had since his comeback to the sport...

I thought much the same. Last time he was seen he was disappearing under the Kent air fence in a post match spin. Given the issues IOW were having at reserve early season i figured if he was doing anything good he would have had more rides.

True but he still looked better than Nick Phillips.

Pretty sure some of these decent grade riders have been asked to ride somewhere this year and it does not suit them either too far away ,don't like the track ,not a good deal ,wrong day for riding dew to having to work commitments, you can only fit 7 riders into a team so some people will always miss out but averages change and teams change all throught the season

• Like 1

I thought much the same. Last time he was seen he was disappearing under the Kent air fence in a post match spin. Given the issues IOW were having at reserve early season i figured if he was doing anything good he would have had more rides.

Is he still under the fence ?