British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
martinmauger

Air Fences Lifting

easy to make those kind of statements when it's not your money on the line , rather shows your lack of understanding of the real financial side of speedway . I suppose you think promoters have a bottomless pit of money to play with

Yes it is easy to make those statements when you have hit fence posts,metal fences and seen a riders finger sliced off and many bad injuries by poor fencing, if a number of amateur football teams can raise thousands to buy a 3G pitches then surely a professional speedway team can raise whatever it costs to provide the best safety fence money can buy.

My understanding is speedway is not value for money and a large number of promoters have not done enough to make the sport improve for the better.

Yes it is easy to make those statements when you have hit fence posts,metal fences and seen a riders finger sliced off and many bad injuries by poor fencing, if a number of amateur football teams can raise thousands to buy a 3G pitches then surely a professional speedway team can raise whatever it costs to provide the best safety fence money can buy.

My understanding is speedway is not value for money and a large number of promoters have not done enough to make the sport improve for the better.

I'm not going to enter into a debate with you . since you make the ridiculous assumption that an amateur football club raises any money for its own facilities . anyone with half a brain cell knows ,that councils sports councils govts. govt .departments ,cannot wait the throw money at football ,athletics ,tennis , cycling or even tiddlywinks ,but you seem to live in some fantasy world where these sports are self financing . and therefore speedway promoters are saving their bucket loads of cash to spend on cars and holidays rather than investing in rider safety , Grow up Robert and either post something constructive or shut the F&*k up

• Like 2

I'm not going to enter into a debate with you . since you make the ridiculous assumption that an amateur football club raises any money for its own facilities . anyone with half a brain cell knows ,that councils sports councils govts. govt .departments ,cannot wait the throw money at football ,athletics ,tennis , cycling or even tiddlywinks ,but you seem to live in some fantasy world where these sports are self financing . and therefore speedway promoters are saving their bucket loads of cash to spend on cars and holidays rather than investing in rider safety , Grow up Robert and either post something constructive or shut the F&*k up

There you go you have proven your completely clueless.

The future should be the foamfences like at Berwick and now Glasgow too.

I can remember riding at arena Essex (lakeside) when they had no fence, that was scary.

• Like 1

I can remember riding at arena Essex (lakeside) when they had no fence, that was scary.

Scarier than the steel fence at Exeter? Lower speeds at Arena as well. Guess the confines of a fence means you know the boundaries of where you might possibly land

Scarier than the steel fence at Exeter? Lower speeds at Arena as well. Guess the confines of a fence means you know the boundaries of where you might possibly land

the fence at Ipswich used to be a temporary affair if anyone hit it ,it moved and they would go straight across the stock car track. don't think anyone came to any real harm there . bit like having a run off area

the fence at Ipswich used to be a temporary affair if anyone hit it ,it moved and they would go straight across the stock car track. don't think anyone came to any real harm there . bit like having a run off area

Did Mark Loram not have his big crash at Ipswich that eventually finished his career ?

• Like 1

Did Mark Loram not have his big crash at Ipswich that eventually finished his career ?

yes - it was a sickener to see.

He hit past where the airfence would be though and because it was effectively on the straight rather than the force dislodging the panels it was absorbed in a straight line down the following ones meaning it stayed put causing the damage.

He hit past where the airfence would be though and because it was effectively on the straight rather than the force dislodging the panels it was absorbed in a straight line down the following ones meaning it stayed put causing the damage.

Yes, I remember seeing footage of it happening and it was not pleasant to watch.

Witnessed an horrific crash there, where Brett Saunders went through the fence, then across the stock car track, and iirc, had to have his spleen removed, as result of the injuries he sustained.

You live on another planet, you simply have no idea about safety, my team mate got badly hurt at Ipswich with that fence, seen many big crashes there, it wasn't the best fence to hit and as you say a run off onto a stock car track is safe I beg to differ.

It should be quite simple to fasten the air fence to the track or maybe the bottom of the fence could be made heavy with water or sand. This making it harder to lift.

I actually meant Pre airfence when it was just freestanding panels that moved out of the way