British Speedway Forum

Everyone knows this is the answer but how to sort it?

Slower bikes.

More down to rider ability, reading and reacting to track conditions and allowing for overtaking. You see crap racing a F1 level generally but great racing with Go Karts...

Same applies.

Anyway, back on topic.

Haven't watched the interviews as I don't do Facebook - but good to see someone is trying to make an effort to get something out to the fans over the winter months.

Does sound like it was a bit of a shambles and from the screenshots it looks a bit of a shoddy production - I know everyone is saying its better than nothing and its low budget - but any teenager with a webcam and a green screen could stream something without any issues that looks damn good.

The entire promotion of speedway is crap, the appearance is just endlessly disappointing and until it looks better, it'll never stop the rot. Literally at some tracks.

Speedway has the potential to be a serious extreme sport with fast paced, high adrenaline racing that is unlike anything else; it has a World Championship, leagues all over Europe, Riders with characters (like them or hate them), back stories, rivalries, and to top it off - BT Sport & SKY both show the sport to anyone who will tune in! Now if you cannot make a product work with this amount of collateral behind you - something is badly wrong.

Edited by yahoho
  • Like 4

Slower bikes.

More down to rider ability, reading and reacting to track conditions and allowing for overtaking. You see crap racing a F1 level generally but great racing with Go Karts...

Same applies.

Anyway, back on topic.

Haven't watched the interviews as I don't do Facebook - but good to see someone is trying to make an effort to get something out to the fans over the winter months.

Does sound like it was a bit of a shambles and from the screenshots it looks a bit of a shoddy production - I know everyone is saying its better than nothing and its low budget - but any teenager with a webcam and a green screen could stream something without any issues that looks damn good.

The entire promotion of speedway is crap, the appearance is just endlessly disappointing and until it looks better, it'll never stop the rot. Literally at some tracks.

Speedway has the potential to be a serious extreme sport with fast paced, high adrenaline racing that is unlike anything else; it has a World Championship, leagues all over Europe, Riders with characters (like them or hate them), back stories, rivalries, and to top it off - BT Sport & SKY both show the sport to anyone who will tune in! Now if you cannot make a product work with this amount of collateral behind you - something is badly wrong.

Very good Post.

Nail on head I think.................

The White Knight is absolutely correct. With BT & Sky still ( ?) showing speedway there should be enough marketing punch to draw in new fans for a look but - when they get into the same old, same old event on show in a UK stadium it's not the same thing at all that they saw on TV! I did watch all the segments of Buster's live ish show and sadly i must agree that it was very 3rd rate and would not have held the interest of anyone outside speedway for more than a minute or two. If you took that kind of laid back, off the cuff, poorly prepared presentation to a major company well.....there is no way they would put money in to speedway. And if someone did it would all disappear on window dressing ( or even bigger fees to the top stars ) and nothing would change in the way a match in the stadium is offered to the public. Buster is a hard working sincere man who has built up KL to a much, much better stadium and track than us who were there at the first meeting ( I was ) could ever have imagined. But he is not the Bernie Ecclestone who built up F1 from similar poor place years ago.