British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Speedway Grand Prix 2017 Line Up

At least he didn't retire after 5 days!

Huh?

Huh?

Current Formula One World Champion Nico Rosberg did retire after five days..

It could well be an open competition this year with a number of potential winners.

I think the overall standard is down compared with a few years back to be honest. There are pleanty of very good riders in there but the only potential superstar I can see is Emil. I'm delighted to have him back in the field. It's a great shame that he and Darcy won't be having a head to head over the next decade. That would have been back to the days of Mauger / Olsen, Nielsen / Gundersen, Crump / Rickardsson and Penhall / Carter. Top class riders at the top of their game.

I expect Greg to be in the mix again this year and still to have the beating of most of them due to his experience and mechanical expertise. The day can't be far away though when the youngsters finally get the beter of him. No sign of it yet though but I think Emil could change things on that score.It's about time somebody could!

Should be a good season.

Edited by Ommer Mon

Think Emil might have had too many seasons away to be a threat re winning it, I reckon he'll finish about 6th. Should be a cracking year tho all 15 have the potential to win a round