British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

WTG Cookie...... FANTASTIC lad x

Both Laguta's likely to be given the final 2 spots I guess. On that track could easily finish 1st and 2nd.

• Like 1

The reserves will by the way be provided by the MFR instead of the numbers 8 from Olching/Terenzano. FIM changed this rule, just like in the semis.

Anyone would think they're trying to sell tickets :drink:

Though in a way I'm against this change regarding reserves, but an example from last years U21 Euro semi where two riders had a runoff for the last quali slot, winner earning 5600km roundtrip in a van... Now fancy if it were a a two rider runoff for a reserve with the same mileage. I would not even enter the track to risk which one would hit the tapes first. I'd probably hit the fence enteribg the track.

So even when it's wrong, it actually might be okay to have changed it. Depends on the location of the sun... :lol:

Wildcards to be announched soon. Probably tomorrow.

should not be wildcards in this meeting

• Like 1

Wildcards for Artem Laguta and Michael Jepsen Jensen

Reserves are Roman Lakhbaum and Gleb Chugunov

Why on earth hasn't G Laguta been given a Wild Card?!!!

He probably didn't want one - maybe the shame of possibly not getting through on home turf? How on earth MJJ gets in there I don't know but I don't agree with wildcards at all so I guess it makes no odds to me.

He probably didn't want one - maybe the shame of possibly not getting through on home turf? How on earth MJJ gets in there I don't know but I don't agree with wildcards at all so I guess it makes no odds to me.

MJJ finished 8th in the qualifier and lost out on advancing to the GPC after a race off with Dudek. I'd say he earned it.

• Like 3

How is it a wild card then if he's just the next in line to fill the spot? Who finished 8th in the other qualifier? (think I may have just answered my first question ;)

Still shocked G Laguta wasnt chosen. I assumed this track was picked as a venue for that very reason

Still shocked G Laguta wasnt chosen. I assumed this track was picked as a venue for that very reason

Or possibly it was because there was no one who wanted to stage it?

I can only imagine that the GP Challenge was put in Russia with the hope of more Russian presence in the GPs next year. It's a logistical nightmare staging a meeting there!