British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerfeet

The 4's @ Peterborough

But these "lucrative parties" must work a deal out twelve months in advance, if speedway can't do this then you'll just have to put up with it as it is now and has been for a long time

You have remember this is not a sportsground , it is a showground and speedway may bring in regular income throughout the season but compared to what revenue the landlords get from the speedway it is only chicken feed to what they get from the various shows that take place, hence speedway is the poor relations.

• Like 2

Having seen fixtures - not sure when the 4s are likely to take place, especially if you want to take a Saturday aswell.

I realise there are a number of more important concerns, but do we think anyone is considering planning for this event?

Having seen fixtures - not sure when the 4s are likely to take place, especially if you want to take a Saturday aswell.

I realise there are a number of more important concerns, but do we think anyone is considering planning for this event?

I`m sure the BSPA will certainly be considering considering planning for the event.

• Like 1

I`m sure the BSPA will certainly be considering considering planning for the event.

Yes, and I would expect that Ged will already be talking and arranging with stadium acts with the freedom he was given last year by the BSPA for the event.

I remember last year looking forward to a BBQ and a few beers after the final, only to find myself tea-total for the day and driving back home on Sunday night- big anti climax and will be a factor in deciding whether to do the whole weekend, or just come down for the final if we qualify, and the weather forecast is good.......Apparently the showground owners had changed their mind about letting us stay...didn't reduce the hook up price though, which worked out a whopping £25.00 per night!

allowing a Sunday night stay will certainly help a lot of supporters to enjoy the final and make the most of it

From a personal POV, thats a shame. But from a financial POV that makes sense. The NL boys will ride for the £10 a point required to make it work.

Will they?

Back to one day

hopefully . shambles of a 2nd day last season . but still great racing on day 1 .

Shame. Really enjoyed last years and was looking forward to 2017s :(

Loved last year's four's. Beer,sun and great supporters. Shame no Rye House

Can't GED do instead of champ four's how about a true festival of speedway with riders ( who are available ) from every team. Top national riders and second string from the champ and then the reserves from the premium??... Possible pairs Some how ? So gives all fans the opportunity for a great weekend supporting their team's. Opens it up to more people and more revenue..

Loved last year's four's. Beer,sun and great supporters. Shame no Rye House

Can't GED do instead of champ four's how about a true festival of speedway with riders ( who are available ) from every team. Top national riders and second string from the champ and then the reserves from the premium??... Possible pairs Some how ? So gives all fans the opportunity for a great weekend supporting their team's. Opens it up to more people and more revenue..

As far as I am aware the showground is unavailable for a 2 day event for speedway this year.

As far as I am aware the showground is unavailable for a 2 day event for speedway this year.

Shame. Hope the weekend comes back

Shame. Hope the weekend comes back

Yes it could have been something to build on having an annual 2 day festival , after the initial year then improvements could have been made to build up a successful pilgrimage for speedway die hards.