British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Your 2017 Prem Winners.

I think you can see why people fancy Lynn and why people don't.....potentially the improvement in Lambert, Batchelor and Huckenbeck could make us serious challengers but it could also be argued that if that doesn't happen then Rose and Porsing are potentially weaker second strings than other fancied teams. As for Josh, I think he may surprise one or two people especially at home but anything he scores will be a bonus.

Quite happy to be under the radar though as I don't think the pressure of 2014 did anybody any good.

I think if Holder and Lambert ,in winning the first major trophy, and Batch in the form he is showing, keep it up then Lynn will be hot favourites.

Rose and Porsing are slightly weak but when you consider the Lynn top 3 is a lot better than any other team then that negates that affect.

Also in Huchenbeck they have potentially the strongest reserve in the league.

Kings Lynn or Belle Vue for me.............the only problem with Belle Vue is the lack of home advantage as everyone loves the track

Fair play for commenting and putting forward your thoughts on your predictions, I have to say I totally disagree with both of them, but only time will tell who is right! :)

Also disagree with your predicted winners, as their middle order looks weak on paper (Holder, whom I suspect is there mostly because of his name and Kurtz who really HAS to improve this season) and with arguably the most inconsistant (and dare I say, unreliable!) number one in the league, then I think Poole will be fighting for 3rd, 4th or 5th place I reckon.

Very early days but one week later and I totally stand by my pre season words about Lynn and Poole. As I said with a totally inconsistant number 1, a youngster only there (at the moment) because of his surname & out of his depth right now ( to be fair he should get better with more experience) and another Aussie youngster who, at home, can be quite good but away mostly goes "missing"....then Poole will only be fighting for a play off place this season.

And do any of you Lynn doubters want to reconsider too?!!

I'll stick to Poole as I did from the start.BV look good but its so early and I think Ford will do all he can to get Poole there.Thats the difference for me.

• Like 1

Based on 1 meeting against a piss poor Somerset teams who lost at Lynn with 2 of their top 3 managing a whole point between them.

I'd calm down the excitement just now after a single meeting.

Indeed. Rye home and away next weekend will give us a much better idea of Lynn's credentials.

Indeed. Rye home and away next weekend will give us a much better idea of Lynn's credentials.

Plus against Belle Vue the following week. All will give a much clearer picture of their capability..

• Like 1

After seeing Aces and Pirates at Swindon little to choose between them, although Klindt is best reserve in league, so will go for Poole.

Ouch! Holders averaging 6 and Lynn have lost at home already. Do those who thought Lynn were any good want to reconsider yet? :P:D

Ouch! Holders averaging 6 and Lynn have lost at home already. Do those who thought Lynn were any good want to reconsider yet? :P:D

I thought they would make the playoffs but am now reconsidering. Holder going through the motins, Batchelor the same as always, poor reserves, perhaps not that good.

Can't see past Poole and Belle Vue at this stage.

• Like 1

Seems Freddie is the only top line rider performing well at the moment.

Looks like Poole, Kings Lynn and Swindon are trying to reduce their number ones average to buy more points in a few weeks. :nono:

Seems Freddie is the only top line rider performing well at the moment.

If you ignore Morris, Kurtz, Cook and Bjerre.

Agree.Kenny let me down tonight (*hit)but still got 6 from 4.All 4 are going really well.

If you were to keep all teams as they are now, then it's a Poole/BV final.

But of course it never stays the same and teams will strengthen.

I can see pretty much every other team making changes.

Don't let facts get in the way of a biased viewpoint!