British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Your 2017 Prem Winners.

If you ignore Morris, Kurtz, Cook and Bjerre.

Top line as in GP standard, which those are not. Bjerre possibly.

We looked awful tonight. Should still make the Play Offs but were light years behind Belle Vue. It's all about getting Holder and Huckenbeck going and at this moment I'm not sure they will, although still early days

The league season is a marathon not a sprint, BV going very well at the moment, as are Poole. Everybody else is a bit hit and miss at the moment, which is not unusual in Speedway. I'm guessing all the usual suspects will be firing on all cylinders in the coming weeks. Holder's form is a bit patchy at the moment , but he has a long season in front of him, he will come good again no worries. Our bloke Tungate was a bit iffy at the start of last season, but then went through a patch where he was flying in both divisions, be interested to see how he goes Friday. In the Pairs he out gated Jason and was gone. He never got near him.

Seems Freddie is the only top line rider performing well at the moment.

Looks like Poole, Kings Lynn and Swindon are trying to reduce their number ones average to buy more points in a few weeks. :nono:

No, if Swindon was doing that the other riders would be reducing their averages as well, but they are not, most are increasing them from last year.

Seems Freddie is the only top line rider performing well at the moment.

Looks like Poole, Kings Lynn and Swindon are trying to reduce their number ones average to buy more points in a few weeks. :nono:

well poole are currently over 45 points so that blows that theory out of the water.

4 out of 7 of Swindon's team have improved their averages (more than any other team).

3 out of 7 of KL team have matched or improved their starting averages.

wheras only one Wolves rider has matches his starting average, so suspect you are just trying to deflect attention from Wolves average manipulations Steve!

depends who you consider a "top line" rider. IF you mean only recent GP riders, then yes maybe only Freddie as Holder and KK and to a lesser extent Doyle have disapointed. Even Freddie has dropped over 10% off his starting average. But Andersen and Bjerre have impressed, as have other HL such as Morris, Kurtz, Batch, Cook etc.

Edited by waihekeaces1

No, if Swindon was doing that the other riders would be reducing their averages as well, but they are not, most are increasing them from last year.

I'm talking about our STAR GP number ones.

well poole are currently over 45 points so that blows that theory out of the water.

4 out of 7 of Swindon's team have improved their averages (more than any other team).

3 out of 7 of KL team have matched or improved their starting averages.

wheras only one Wolves rider has matches his starting average, so suspect you are just trying to deflect attention from Wolves average manipulations Steve!

depends who you consider a "top line" rider. IF you mean only recent GP riders, then yes maybe only Freddie as Holder and KK and to a lesser extent Doyle have disapointed. Even Freddie has dropped over 10% off his starting average. But Andersen and Bjerre have impressed, as have other HL such as Morris, Kurtz, Batch, Cook etc.

I made it clear in #316 who I meant.

Haven't seen any of the teams current running averages. Doyle must be significantly under his ridiculous 13+ point average.

I'm not having a go at any one team. It just seems funny give that our league is at it's weakest ever and these world class riders are scoring 5's and 7's. Seems very odd.

Well you can't really have a go at any other team for average dropping when wolves are averaging less than any of the teams with GP calibre riders.
Scornicki and Clegg have both dropped a bigger percentage of their starting average than Doyle or kk.

Edited by waihekeaces1

I'm talking about our STAR GP number ones.

I made it clear in #316 who I meant.

Haven't seen any of the teams current running averages. Doyle must be significantly under his ridiculous 13+ point average.

I'm not having a go at any one team. It just seems funny give that our league is at it's weakest ever and these world class riders are scoring 5's and 7's. Seems very odd.

You say Freddie is the only rider performing at the moment but. Sure, he got a maximum this week, but before that he was scoring less than Doyle.

Doyle has scored double figures in every match bar his first one. His scores are 8+1, 12+1, 11, 12+1, 11+1. 54 points from 25 rides. 8.64.

Lindgren's scores: 9+1, 11+2, 12+2 (10+2 as one was TR), 15. 45 points from 20 rides. 9.00.

In fact, before this week he was on 8.00, so lower than Doyle who was on 8.60 before the most recent match against Poole.

Holder and kk are clearly under performing. I would say both Doyle and to a lesser extent freddie are scoring less than expected.I would gave though fred would average 10 this season.

Bjerre is performing at or above expectation.

You say Freddie is the only rider performing at the moment but. Sure, he got a maximum this week, but before that he was scoring less than Doyle.

Doyle has scored double figures in every match bar his first one. His scores are 8+1, 12+1, 11, 12+1, 11+1. 54 points from 25 rides. 8.64.

Lindgren's scores: 9+1, 11+2, 12+2 (10+2 as one was TR), 15. 45 points from 20 rides. 9.00.

In fact, before this week he was on 8.00, so lower than Doyle who was on 8.60 before the most recent match against Poole.

So your figures confirm that Fred is the highest averaged rider of the GP standard riders.

Doyle still not at the standard anyone would expect.

However perhaps on reflection Doyle is doing better than I thought. Thanks Grachan. :t:

So your figures confirm that Fred is the highest averaged rider of the GP standard riders.

However perhaps on reflection Doyle is doing better than I thought. Thanks Grachan. :t:

Actually I think you will find Bjerre has the highest average of GP standard riders..

Fred is the highest averaging GP rider, but it hardly ponts to average manipulation from Jason Doyle unless Lindgren is doing the same.

On current form we'd have to take the 4 most recent matches as Lindgren has had 4 meeting. Doyle = 9.2, Lindgren = 9.00, and that's despite scoring a maximum.

Sure, Lindgren doing well so far - although not as good as Nick Morris, so I don't see how Swindon can be manipulating averages.

Well you can't really have a go at any other team for average dropping when wolves are averaging less than any of the teams with GP calibre riders.

Scornicki and Clegg have both dropped a bigger percentage of their starting average than Doyle or kk.

I'm talking ONLY of the GP standard riders tho. Both riders you mentioned are clearly struggling.

Actually I think you will find Bjerre has the highest average of GP standard riders..

Got the stats?

Fred is the highest averaging GP rider, but it hardly ponts to average manipulation from Jason Doyle unless Lindgren is doing the same.

On current form we'd have to take the 4 most recent matches as Lindgren has had 4 meeting. Doyle = 9.2, Lindgren = 9.00, and that's despite scoring a maximum.

Sure, Lindgren doing well so far - although not as good as Nick Morris, so I don't see how Swindon can be manipulating averages.

Grachan, it wasn't a personal attack on Swindon. Just a observation on those riders with ridiculously false averages.

I'm talking ONLY of the GP standard riders tho. Both riders you mentioned are clearly struggling.

Got the stats?

Grachan, it wasn't a personal attack on Swindon. Just a observation on those riders with ridiculously false averages.

While we're on the subject of riders with ridiculously false averages:

Adam Ellis: 3+3 from 4, 0 from 4, 1 from 3. 11 rides. 4 points. CMA = 1.45.

While we're on the subject of riders with ridiculously false averages:

Adam Ellis: 3+3 from 4, 0 from 4, 1 from 3. 11 rides. 4 points. CMA = 1.45.

Ellis was never going to live up to that average either.

Hats off to Swindon for taking a risk on him tho.

Wolves in the same position with Sqora although I'd rather we signed Ellis as the thought of his good work in 2016 coming to nothing would have been criminal.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1