British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Wolverhampton Sat 1st April

Good old Starman and his 'cant do' attitude :rolleyes:

It's good for the promotion to be made aware of these issues by its customers so that they can gradually be addressed throughout the season.

In starmans world only Poole and MF can make things happen, such is his all things Poole tintness.

• Like 2

Its not exactly thousands we're talking is it ? Stop being negative Starman.

A table for some programmes on the other turnstiles, sort out the bulbs, and advertise for a volunteer steward to help out in the car park.

Temporary food outlets will no doubt be sniffing around as word gets out about the big crowds anyway, so i'm sure the club will have no shortage of local vans or the likes wanting to set up stall. The original poster wasnt asking for a fully equipped restaurant.

Rye sound like theyve got a pro active management team so i'm sure they will address these glitches in due course.

I'm looking forward to my first trip to Rye for a years later this month.

Thanks for your support. With the stadium rebuild, the things I mentioned would not cost a fortune. Possibly from the profit the club must have made last night. I now have faith in this new promotion and hopefully they will take on board and act. It is about time promotors listened to what fans would like in a constructive way, because they might find a few more people will start to return. As I said before, it was my first visit for 3 years because I fell out of love with the sport, but last nights whole package(including the rider intro and slick running of whole meeting) will encourage me to go again next week.

• Like 1

It will cost a lot more than a few extra fans though..

just 100 extra regulars would bring in £25k over a 20 meeting season.

That would cover a lot of the 'little extras' being suggested.

Thereafter that extra becomes a profit which is what all businesses are aiming for....

• Like 1

Thereafter that extra becomes a profit which is what all businesses are aiming for....

There's no guarantee that you'll get them. Yesterday could've been a one off, curiosity. If it was my business I'd want to wait a while to see if crowd levels are sustained.

Speedway supporters are a lot more fickle than football fans and at £18 a pop it may put some people going every week

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Wasting your time there, Starman can't spell let alone count.
  • Like 3

There's no guarantee that you'll get them. Yesterday could've been a one off, curiosity. If it was my business I'd want to wait a while to see if crowd levels are sustained.

Speedway supporters are a lot more fickle than football fans and at £18 a pop it may put some people going every week

I will say one thing - any promoter that doesnt make the sort of effort being talked about can guarantee those 100 WONT come back. (Infact most likely others will follow them out)

So you have one option that guarantees you WONT get the extra fans back (and could lose others) and another that gives you a CHANCE that they will come back (and possibly more join them)

Rye House was redesigned by Len Silver upon his return to speedway and initially incorporated dog racing.

He invested a huge sum upgrading the place but it still remained a small basic stadium.

He was always anti air fence as he knew it would have required a total redesign due to limited viewing in some parts.

It's now undergoing a lot of those changes but not progressing as most would like but when I heard last season what the new promotion were prepared to spend and invest in the stadium and take the team into the Elite league I didn't really think that would ever happen.

Well the journey has begun and I intend to enjoy it!

Edited by GWC
  • Like 4

My first visit to Rye House since 1958 - and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Clearly the stadium is a "work in progress" but I was impressed by what had been done - and the standard of racing was excellent. I arrived very early so didn't experience any of the congestion that others have mentioned, but don't doubt that the promotion will be aware of these and will take steps to put them to rights.

Very pleased to see such a big crowd - which the promotion well deserved for their enterprise. I wish the club every success for the future.

• Like 3

i dont understand starman why you have to knock other clubs,it would seem rye had a great crowd (compared to our very poor turnout for the wolves match) good racing and all the best to the rye promotion,its possible the promoters there have a load more money than matt to complete improvements at the stadium.telling the cov fans their stadium is going to be" flats" is callous and insensitive (i guarantee flats will be built on the wimborne rd site, though i do believe the stadium itself is safe,or as safe as you can be with clarke osbourne!!) i am a poole supporter but i hope every club in every league prospers,you dont do poole speedway any favours,and try and think of us other fans and how your damaging our image when we are a pretty good bunch!

Who's knocking it. Im just saying it going to cost more than some seem to think.. And what sort of crowd did you expect for the Wolves meeting then ? It was never going to be big after the Darcy farce. Jeez there's some real sad people on this forum..

Edited by Starman2006

Who's knocking it. Im just saying it going to cost more than some seem to think.. And what sort of crowd did you expect for the Wolves meeting then ? It was never going to be big after the Darcy farce. Jeez there's some real sad people on this forum..

For blinking flips sake do you not realise you're a twonk of the highest order

• Like 4

For blinking flips sake do you not realise you're a twonk of the highest order

Just making my point, not that you would care.. If you don't like what i post, then don't reply. Simple really.

Edited by Starman2006

Just making my point, not that you would care.. If you don't like what i post, then don't reply. Simple really.

I do care about your point but your Pro Poole Anti everyone else agenda gets on my rapidly growing Moobs

• Like 1

I do care about your point but your Pro Poole Anti everyone else agenda gets on my rapidly growing Moobs

And where am i anti everybody else ? First things first, i hope Rye do get the aditional 100 plus fans every week to do the work, but nowadays that will be almost imposible at £18 a chuck, as shads rightly said

I also hope that Somerset make loads of flags with the new logo on so they cannot be told to take them down.

As for BV's new place yeh its great..

Edited by Starman2006

My first visit to Rye House since 1958

Where have you been?

As for BV's new place yeh its great..

Not just great, it's the best we have by a million miles.

• Like 1