British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

New Tyre Compounds

BELIEVE that last year's tyres are now permitted. Another knee-jerk decision by the BSPA that has backfired.

not enough testing done with the silencers & now non existent testing of the new tyres.

• Like 1

I thought there were very few left?

There was. At the Newcastle SCB seminar in February it was said that there was only 70 old tyres left, so they would be used up by I would think.

There was. At the Newcastle SCB seminar in February it was said that there was only 70 old tyres left, so they would be used up by I would think.

Cov Comp has quite a few left but he is totally fed up with speedway as he is owed £s from last season by promotions who didn't pay their bills for the tyres and has been crapped on already by one promotion this season but hey ho the sport carries on like nothing is wrong
  • Like 3

Cov Comp has quite a few left but he is totally fed up with speedway as he is owed £s from last season by promotions who didn't pay their bills for the tyres and has been crapped on already by one promotion this season but hey ho the sport carries on like nothing is wrong

Why the hell do they give so much grace to pay to promotions and riders, how mad. No pay no more goods!

Why the hell do they give so much grace to pay to promotions and riders, how mad. No pay no more goods!

easily solution is you owe money within the sport at end of season then next season you don't get a licence untill it's cleared it's that simple , over to you SCB Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

Speedway in the UK would finish without the goodwill shown by the spares suppliers and unpaid volunteers.

The sport has not evolved, riders not paid by clubs/ sponsors don't pay their bills. Promoter's run their clubs like used car dealers hoping for better sales next week to pay last week's bills. The whole of speedway's "food chain" is living on scraps.

The sooner it becomes a honest amateur entertainment which is its real level the better.

It started as a circus act and the clowns are running the show.

• Like 1

Plenty of destroyed tyres at Mildenhall Sunday. At least 2 of which after 3 races.

BELIEVE that last year's tyres are now permitted. Another knee-jerk decision by the BSPA that has backfired.

I'm an SCB machine examiner at a Championship club and haven't been told this and there is nothing on the SCB web site. You really couldn't make this up.

• Like 2

This is the case, if both teams (all 14 riders) are in agreement and there is 14 tyres the same type available then the old Red marked ones can be used. Have been told that mitas cannot start supplying the older tyre fully till June though due to production so some tracks only have the new type available.

Edited by KN1

Plenty of destroyed tyres at Mildenhall Sunday. At least 2 of which after 3 races.

NL clubs are still using the old red & used red tyres

They can if you have any available. Both Jack Thomas and Luke Clifton had new yellow tyres and they were unsafe to use after 3 heats. I believe completed their rides on used reds.

Not sure about lukes but their is a picture of jacks on his Facebook.

The compound seems not too bad on moist tracks with plenty of dirt, but when tracks are prepared with very little dirt because of forecasted rain, the compound seems to overheat and disintegrate.

It maybe just because I am on my phone but could not see a price mentioned.

They can if you have any available. Both Jack Thomas and Luke Clifton had new yellow tyres and they were unsafe to use after 3 heats. I believe completed their rides on used reds.

Not sure about lukes but their is a picture of jacks on his Facebook.

The compound seems not too bad on moist tracks with plenty of dirt, but when tracks are prepared with very little dirt because of forecasted rain, the compound seems to overheat and disintegrate.

the ones who damage the tyres like that ,are usually the ones who don't know how to set bikes up , and riders with one way throttles