British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Winning An Individual Meeting

it could be just 1/2 a point wins a meeting outright if no rider finished in 19 races, and the riders in the other race placed 1st, 2nd and joint 3rd were all subsequently disqualified, leaving one rider with a joint 3rd the only scorer.

So basically your saying that you could win a meeting with dddd0 or 00000 if everyone else have only letters on their score.

In theory i guess so

it could be just 1/2 a point wins a meeting outright if no rider finished in 19 races, and the riders in the other race placed 1st, 2nd and joint 3rd were all subsequently disqualified, leaving one rider with a joint 3rd the only scorer.

But since a zero is better than any letter, you could win with a NNNN0 if the 3 in front of you in your last ride are later disqualified? And all other riders rides are letters as well.

What a stupid argument... :lol:

• Like 1

But since a zero is better than any letter, you could win with a NNNN0 if the 3 in front of you in your last ride are later disqualified? And all other riders rides are letters as well.

What a stupid argument... :lol:

What i said.No idea why we have to go to half a point

In theory i guess so

I actually thought when I did the meeting that showed you could win with 9 that it could never happen. The link to the slovenian gp last year practically said anything can happen.

I could make a bet that nobody will ever win with just one 0 from a meeting though...

• Like 1

I actually thought when I did the meeting that showed you could win with 9 that it could never happen. The link to the slovenian gp last year practically said anything can happen.

I could make a bet that nobody will ever win with just one 0 from a meeting though...

Is there a scenario in the rules where you could get 1 pt,but not win the meeting because you aren't officially in the meeting,so the rider on 0pts wins?Think there have been meetings where a riders points aren't counted?Such as tomorrows ice speedway German Final,when i think none of the non German riders can possibly win the title,it would go to the top scoring german,They normally i think state that the "foreign" riders aren't officially in the meeting or some such.

Edited by iris123

So basically your saying that you could win a meeting with dddd0 or 00000 if everyone else have only letters on their score.

what if all 16 riders had a set of 5 letters?

Does one type of letter have a lower value in countback?

Eg ef beats fex

what if all 16 riders had a set of 5 letters?

Does one type of letter have a lower value in countback?

Eg ef beats fex

Think it just says that a number is better than any letter. Would and could think that the others are better than N, but dont think the book says so.

German final rules dont count in this, thats not the basic 20 heats... ; )

Is there a scenario in the rules where you could get 1 pt,but not win the meeting because you aren't officially in the meeting,so the rider on 0pts wins?Think there have been meetings where a riders points aren't counted?Such as tomorrows ice speedway German Final,when i think none of the non German riders can possibly win the title,it would go to the top scoring german,They normally i think state that the "foreign" riders aren't officially in the meeting or some such.

In equestrian sports, that happens quite a bit and is referred to as "hors concours" - engaged in a competition but not competing for a prize!!

is that anything like Hors d'oeuvres?

:rofl::t::party::P

If Ermolenko had been excluded in that race he could still have won his final heat to be champion. As it was he just pootled round at the back pulling wheelies because the title was already in the bag.

...but if he had been rightly excluded he would have had to have won his last race to become outright champion and chose, instead, to play to the gallery. Would have been interesting if he had needed points but all is conjecture of course and one will never know what the outcome would have been in such a scenario. Andy Smith certainly was non too impressed with Sam's inclusion in the re-start of heat 15 judging by his actions after that particular race!

PS However I'll change my initial observation and suggest that he was very lucky to have won rather than shouldn't have...but all water under the bridge now!

Edited by steve roberts

If after 19 heats, no points have been scored by any riders, heat 20 starts, rider in Red throws chain on start, blue falls on 2nd bend, pushes bike onto centre green, so race continues, white then has engine fail on lap 2 and pushes onto centre green, yellow and black, then with half a lap to go, puts it into the fence and needs ambulance to take him from track, so again, no finishers....! Would yellow and black be declared the meeting winner on account he was the rider that got the furthest in the last race???

Bizzare I know, but technically possible....

If after 19 heats, no points have been scored by any riders, heat 20 starts, rider in Red throws chain on start, blue falls on 2nd bend, pushes bike onto centre green, so race continues, white then has engine fail on lap 2 and pushes onto centre green, yellow and black, then with half a lap to go, puts it into the fence and needs ambulance to take him from track, so again, no finishers....! Would yellow and black be declared the meeting winner on account he was the rider that got the furthest in the last race???

Bizzare I know, but technically possible....

He would be disqualified for the wrong helmet colour, so no. :lol: Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1