British Speedway Forum

Read the press release it says bspa will work with those clubs to make it work when they have a live meeting.

Calculate the cost of losing a few hundred fans when its on Tv to losing 2-3 sponsors because your proposal for sponsorship is fraudulent stating tv coverage when there is none (if bt hadnt stepped in).

Again either way you look its an issue and again the bspa have not fixed what is important first and foremost

You obviously don`t know or have forgotten that he was centre green presenter at Peterborough for many years.

stand corrected did not that

Read the press release it says bspa will work with those clubs to make it work when they have a live meeting.

Calculate the cost of losing a few hundred fans when its on Tv to losing 2-3 sponsors because your proposal for sponsorship is fraudulent stating tv coverage when there is none (if bt hadnt stepped in).

Again either way you look its an issue and again the bspa have not fixed what is important first and foremost

Do you know that they haven't, or are you assuming as you so often do?

Do you know what plans are afoot for the season's TV coverage and promotion of those events?

Most of the advertising at Swindon is from local companies, why would they be concerned that their banners or signs are not seen nationwide on sky or bt. I would think this is the case for the majority of clubs. I do not think anyone from Ipswich would contact a company in Swindon because they saw a banner on the airfence at Swindon. It may be different if the advertiser was a National company but there is not one for speedway.

I have Sky +Sports Channel From Feb 2016 for £25.00 for 10 months. Then suddenly last August this goes up to £27..Then this Jan it goes up to £50.00 then last month it reaches £59..00. I phoned them this morning to cancel and it then offered me for 18 months, the same package for £34.00 or without Eurosport £29.00. I have cancelled and now await them to come back to me

I will now change to BT. Anybody know if there are any good offers?

Give them a ring..

Why would clubs fold without TV? 2nd and 3rd tier clubs manage it, you just have to cut your cloth accordingly, they managed it before the sport was shown, all TV has done is create an army of armchair fans that has little intention of going to watch live and of course every week bar the play offs we watch speedway in stadiums practically empty because fans stay at home, hardly a great advertisement to those on the outside.

Totally spot on

perhaps it's a one year deal to see how it goes.Sky as got less interested in speedway over the last two year's anyway coverage poor at time's

The meetings covered on SKY in 2016 were of an excellent quality as far as the racing goes.

Anyone who is involved in sports sponsorship would propose all the benefits its just the way things are done, I agree it would not affect maybe local companies as such but title sponsorship etc even jf local would cause a threat.

Swindon have done things differently this year with the ballot but lets say buildbase at Coventry even if local would want the tv exposure

Its all swings and roundabouts but as I always say bspa have got things the wrong way round and they can't go back and put things right so roll on 12 months time when the sport has had zero progression

You obviously don`t know or have forgotten that he was centre green presenter at Peterborough for many years.

A very good one - by far the best I've seen / heard.

• Like 1

Agree with some that this should be seen as a new start by all for British Speedway.

Maybe us fans should also take responsibility too.

If the league structure works and we are happy with the racing provided we all need to continue attending trackside whether meetings are on TV or not.

No club has put a reduction on admission prices so I think they should be responsible for using a % of admission prices for adding extra entertainment FOC to the fans.

There is loads of stuff that can be used for give-aways and not just for kids either.

Edited by Danny Smith
  • Like 1

he can talk football what does he know about speedway Nigel and Kelvin will do for me with Natalie quirk as she does know a lot of speedway

He knows plenty and has commentated on the World Cup previously, very well indeed.

Edited by BWitcher

BT have Darren Fletcher in their " stable" who could slot in to the coverage with ease.

As absolute class act and loves speedway to boot.

Certainly the best presenter Peterborough have ever had.

• Like 1

As absolute class act and loves speedway to boot.

Certainly the best presenter Peterborough have ever had.

by far the best I've seen/ heard , out of all the things the frosts brought to the showground he was by far the best

Just to add another note

18 meetings

1 x british final

4 x play off semis

2 x play off finals

2 x promotion/ relegation play off

Leaves 9 league meetings but maybe the cup finals and riders championships will be televised?

So maybe no league meetings at all, would this work well for speedway having the "major events" broadcast only?

CookieIpswich- Is that a confirmed list of meetings ? I am quite surprised that they would show both the relegation/promotion meetings and also that would show both sets of semifinals. I thought they may have just chosen the one to broadcast.

So far it's all looking good and I await for the confirmation of who the commentators will be I am expecting Kelvin and an other with Natalie doing the presentation