British Speedway Forum

Just to add another note

18 meetings

1 x british final

4 x play off semis

2 x play off finals

2 x promotion/ relegation play off

Leaves 9 league meetings but maybe the cup finals and riders championships will be televised?

So maybe no league meetings at all, would this work well for speedway having the "major events" broadcast only?

No.

The play off semis are usually on the same night so that'll count as one surely?

If you are a promoter why would you like your home matches shown live on BT TV if you do not get any money from BT'

Surely you will be committing financial suicide with reduced crowds and no TV money

• Like 1

The meetings covered on SKY in 2016 were of an excellent quality as far as the racing goes.

yes the racing excellent presentation seemed to falter don't you think

I'm speculating on my last post

I would imagine the total amount of league meetings would be very few once you add some of those meetings in.

As someone else touched on May be showing the bigger meetings such as the play offs may reflect better on tv to others watching even tho it can be achieved without in reality

Mick - looks like very few meetings will be shown live so the odd meeting broadcast won't bankrupt a promotion, flip side is they can use it to their benefit but thats far too sensible for some

yes the racing excellent presentation seemed to falter don't you think

I'm personally a fan of the Nige and Kelvin presentation team.

I'd rather over excitement than dead pan vanilla presentation.

What we have seen is that when none speedway people come into presenting the sport they simply haven't a clue and what's the presentation ridiculous.

I'd rather a safe speedway knowledgeable pair of hands than anything else.

Personally I think there was a lot of good reason for the shouty duo to get overexcited about last year!

• Like 2

I'd rather a safe speedway knowledgeable pair of hands than anything else.

Personally I think there was a lot of good reason for the shouty duo to get overexcited about last year!

Yep i agree with your top sentance. As for the botton one, please make the most of it.. ;)

Just to add another note

18 meetings

1 x british final

4 x play off semis

2 x play off finals

2 x promotion/ relegation play off

Leaves 9 league meetings but maybe the cup finals and riders championships will be televised?

So maybe no league meetings at all, would this work well for speedway having the "major events" broadcast only?

So that leaves 9 meetings. How many GP's are there?

It`s obvious what BT are going to show

1 British final

2 legs play-off final

2 nights play-off semi`s

13 regular season matches.

cup finals, promotion/relegation meetings are non-events and will not be televised.

He knows plenty and has commentated on the World Cup previously, very well indeed.

I think it was Darren Fletcher that did the in house commentary at the British GP 2 or 3 years ago with Jan Staechman. I thought he came over very well.

It`s obvious what BT are going to show

1 British final

2 legs play-off final

2 nights play-off semi`s

13 regular season matches.

cup finals, promotion/relegation meetings are non-events and will not be televised.

With hopefully each team to be shown at home at least once during the league season
  • Like 1

that jerry hall must take some looking after , more than murdoch is doing at sky at the moment . . am i bovvered .naaa . had bt in for 12 months now and just renewed my contract and saved 10 puns on the price from last year .fibre broadband , free weekend calls, what could possibly go wrong ..

Do you need the Sky Sports package to get BT Sports or can you ditch Sky Sports and just get BT Sports?

Do you need the Sky Sports package to get BT Sports or can you ditch Sky Sports and just get BT Sports?

No you either need a dish or a BT box, you can get it through a BT box but again you will get charged. Give BT a ring..

Edited by Starman2006