British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Peterborough V Coventry Challenge 19th Match 12pm

COVENTRY'S intended 2017 line-up will still be racing at Peterborough on Sunday March 19 - and supporters should note start-time is now MIDDAY.

Full report from www.peterboroughpanthers.co ...

PETERBOROUGH can confirm their exciting opening fixture of the 2017 will go ahead . . . and it's set to be one of a kind!

The 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers welcome Coventry to the East of England Showground on Sunday, March 19.

And the high-noon showdown, brought forward to midday from its original 5pm slot, will feature the full intended Bees line-up for 2017 until their recent pull-out from the SGB Premiership.

That means top former Peterborough star Kenneth Bjerre, British champion Danny King, Jason Garrity, Lewis Kerr, Lasse Bjerre, Josh Bates and James Sarjeant will all line up at Alwalton.

Peterborough promoter Ged Rathbone said: "I want to place on record my thanks to all seven Coventry riders for agreeing to be part of this meeting.

"It is brilliant to have the full Bees team at the East of England Showground and it is likely to be the only time they ever take to the track together.

"They are determined to put on a great show and I know they are all desperate to see as many Coventry fans in attendance as possible.

"It is a chance for the club's supporters to be seen and heard, and we'll do our best to make it a memorable occasion for them.

"It also has the makings of a terrific meeting and it will be a great test for our new-look team.

"I believe Coventry would have had an outstanding chance of winning the SGB Premiership title with the team they assembled."

Normal admission prices of £16 for adults, £13 for concessions, and £5 for children aged between 10 and 16 apply. Under 10s are admitted free with a paying adult.

The change of start-time is to avoid a clash with Peter Karlsson's big farewell bash at Wolverhampton, which is also scheduled for 5pm.

Rathbone is aware that some Peterborough fans may be keen to travel to Monmore Green for the send-off of a Swedish star who had two spells as a Panthers rider.

Share This: Facebook Twitter

• Like 1

Should be able to make this just need to book the day off work. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Gary Havwlock will be Bees manager for this meeting (confirmed by him on Twitter)

Now have the day off so I can attend. Nice of Peterborough to donate to the riders fund.

• Like 2

I`ll be there subject to weather conditions.

Lots of interest in this which is good to know so just need the weather to behave next Sunday now.

• Like 2

Will be making the journey over for this one, always cracking racing at the Showground

If this and other meetings involving Coventry go well will the home promoter not only pay the Coventry riders but also put a few £ in the fighting fund.

If this and other meetings involving Coventry go well will the home promoter not only pay the Coventry riders but also put a few £ in the fighting fund.

That's how Peterborough and Wolves are doing it so we shall see.

• Like 1

Its thirteen degrees where I am so hopefully more of the same next Sunday.

as mentioned in the OP, remember the start time is MIDDAY.

let's get the place packed out

• Like 1

Panthers will line up

Holder

Lambert

Hansen

Starke

Ostergaard

BWD

Bacon

How big do we reckon the difference between the teams will be?