British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Sheffield Sgbc 25/03/17 7.30pm

Has to be said that was very very easy and the Tigers never looked like taking anything from the meeting at any stage. The scoreline skewed by the dreaded 1-8 TR. How I hate that rule!! Didn't affect the outcome this time though thankfully.

Everyone scoring very well apart from Mountain but the lad was always in the mix for points and it's clear patience is going to be required with him. The kid is returning from a broken back but is clearly a talented young rider and he'll improve as the season progresses no doubt about that.

Same goes for JPB. Failed to score tonight but he's very young and patience is required here also. Looks comfortable on the bike and has a nice style.

Bjerre and Branford very good for Sheffield, Hume my star man for the Witches.

Get a fit Newman in this side and we'll take some stopping.

• Like 4

Comfortable and enjoyable win.😊

Many said the reserves would be the difference - take a bow Danyon - man of the match. 👍👏

Positives for all and whilst Im sure Connor will be disappointed he was only marginally off putting himself in the right places - it will come good ✊

And yet he hasn't won a race. 2,1,2,0

So he scored 5 points from 4 rides i would think his team are happy with that and can see he will be a bit hit and miss but overall will improve

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 2

Nice comfortable win, schlein a big positive going to be a very strong 1 and 5 In him and Danny, can see there being a bit of healthy competition for the no.1 berth!

Connor will only grow in confidence over the first few meetings, especially once he's had a couple of national league meetings where in theory points will be much easier to come by for him, nothing like a few wins to boost confidence!

Also was it only from where I was stood that good old babs allowed lasse bjerre a 10 yard head start in his opening two rides????

• Like 1

So he scored 5 points from 4 rides i would think his team are happy with that and can see he will be a bit hit and miss but overall will improve

Well he did end up winning a race and scored paid 10 from 5.

He was very good value for Sheffield this evening.

Nice comfortable win, schlein a big positive going to be a very strong 1 and 5 In him and Danny, can see there being a bit of healthy competition for the no.1 berth!

Connor will only grow in confidence over the first few meetings, especially once he's had a couple of national league meetings where in theory points will be much easier to come by for him, nothing like a few wins to boost confidence!

Also was it only from where I was stood that good old babs allowed lasse bjerre a 10 yard head start in his opening two rides????

Definitely in heat 7. Seemed he was turning in to the first bend before the other three had even left the start line!
  • Like 1

And yet he hasn't won a ed wrace. 2,1,2,0

He did win a race and finish with paid ten , I'm sure he would take that.

And with some new engines on the way hopefully more to come , oh and you can quote me on that.

Junior

Edited by junior fan
  • Like 1

Anyone that thought Rory was a risk on a 7 average, tut tut, 😁😁

Looked really classy. If he gets the luck he deserves and an injury free season he could push Danny for the No1 spot...

Biggest disappointment, the sound system. I think Kevin said 2 amplifier were not working. Nice to see cam make use of the new bit of track and make a pass. Apart from that don't remember much happening.

Top of the league 😉😉

Edited by baldyman

8+2 from 5 away from home on a 4.6 average is not to be sniffed at.

• Like 2

Biggest disappointment, the sound system. I think Kevin said 2 amplifier were not working. Nice to see cam make use of the new bit of track and make a pass. Apart from that don't remember much happening.

Top of the league 😉😉

Agree re Cams dive into turn 3 - surprised no one else really tried that kind of move.

Dannys effort in 15 was top drawer.

There were also a couple of first lap good moves from Danyon Rory and Nico.

The falls for Bjerre and Nico were talking points.

Perhaps not the humdinger everyone hopes for but certainly not a bore fest.

Lets hope plenty of the very big crowd (2-2500??) were impressed enough to want to come back regularly. 👍

8+2 from 5 away from home on a 4.6 average is not to be sniffed at.

certainly done his job and more although without looking quite as sharp as may have been expected.

Never a bad thing to not look too convincing but still pick up points. Its a trait plenty would wish for....

• Like 2

Thought it was decent for a first meeting. Tracks are never at their best at the start of the season and you generally see better racing as the season goes on. Already looking forward to the visit of Berwick on Thursday in the cup.

• Like 1

They may come back bruv, but not being able to hear anything might not help that cause. Kevin must wonder why he bothers sometimes

• Like 1

Top of the league 😉😉

Not as though the stadium werent aware of the issue and didn't have the time to fix it!

As for missing stuff....

you missed the pa working...

you missed the raffle winning numbers... and you missed out on wagon wheels!

Cam's pass in heat 10 was great. Echoed by Nico afterwards. New bits of track are soft and wavey .. needs time to settle