British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Time For Brits First. No More Aussies To Uk Speedway.

Post Brexit Aussies will still need to get a BRITISH VISA to ride in the uk, it will not then give them access to all eu countries as it does at present

don't think anybody knows how it's going to work after brexit

Don't need to worry about any Rules, Laws, Visas etc. The BSPA Promoters simply don't give them a Team place, nothing illegal about that, simple as that.

Woffinden is just a disrespectful nob.

You never, ever turn your back on your country. No matter how you may disagree with the way it works.

If it was down to me he'd never ride for team GB again,

My guess is that he will never ride for Team GB again..

As much as I loathe the bspa reading this does have me thinking they are dammed if they do,dammed if they don't.

We as fans have begged for brits to get a chance to develop in the 'top' league over here, they do and the warriors at saying X n y riders aren't good enough, waste of time etc etc....while I agree that it wasn't done 100% in the right way an attempt has been made to improve riders! Stevie Worrall for example has thrived.

Fact is, we need the aussies, from my own experience it's rarely the brits that stay around after a meeting to chat with fans, have a beer in the old days have a laugh and joke...brits not so much. As a kid growing up I met Crumpy at Swindon in his first time there, he took the time to speak to me, even gave me a cap that I still have now...I've loved the sport ever since.. no Brit did that in 29 years of watching! Yet we lament the brits for interacting negatively on social media with fans.. primarily they are thryingnto provoke a reaction from a rider anyway.

Th aussies are needed fact, we have to admit that while fans are willing to turn their back on our sport due to silly' rules were not funding the sport...the poles are all over it, they have money, they are successful ....they pay a shed load more, it's the place to be to progress which also has been said that the brits lack ambition by not getting Polish spots or taking their chances there.....exactly what the aussies are doing!

While I understand Matt Fords point of view that he wants his riders here to ram in the crowds he's not the big dog in the sport any more!

Fantastic post my fellow Robin😀😀

My guess is that he will never ride for Team GB again..

How long would it be for him to be able to ride for Team Australia instead??

• Like 1

Fantastic post my fellow Robin

How long would it be for him to be able to ride for Team Australia instead??

He's already declared that he has no intention of doing that.

• Like 1

He's already declared that he has no intention of doing that.

Would you confidently bet he wouldn't as I wouldn't?.

To Tai his home now & in the future is in Australia & who could blame him as apart from not having a team Speedway it's the place to be.

Would you confidently bet he wouldn't as I wouldn't?.

To Tai his home now & in the future is in Australia & who could blame him as apart from not having a team Speedway it's the place to be.

Brits are allowed to settle in Oz without losing their nationality.

Brits are allowed to settle in Oz without losing their nationality.

I meant could he choose to now represent Australia at speedway the same way some cricketers have played for 2 different countries?.

I have loved watching riders like Holder, Ward, Adams,Crump, etc, learn their trade and strut their stuff in the EL. They all bought something to the sport.

But the situation is now changing. With Poland sticking two fingers up to the rest of the leagues out there, it's time to pull the drawbridge up and cut off Aussies from entering the British leagues on their way through to Poland.

British riders for British clubs from now on IMO. Let the ones that are already here remain, if they prove to be good enough. But no more young Aussies should find themselves in a team berth to the detriment of a British rider.

Last night at the Poole fans forum Brady Kurtz stated he was determined by next year to have a Polish league berth. Plus Sweden is my guess. So he is using Britain as a stepping stone to get to the top, where he will more than likely quit Britain or be forced to by the Poles. Why should Britain nurture Aussies to the detriment of British riders? I can't blame the rider but where is the benefit to British clubs? Once a rider has learnt his trade he is out of here.

How many Aussie riders have the Polish clubs brought over and trained up? A big fat ZERO.

So why should we now bother? It just makes no sense. You could see Matt Ford was far from happy in the comments Brady Kurtz was making. Well worth watching the periscope footage if you haven't yet.

Neil Vatcher stated last night there were some young British lads currently coming through with real ability. Lets use them! We don't need to bring Aussies over.

If Aussies want to come over they will have to use Polish clubs instead. And we know that isn't going to happen.

Time to stop worrying about the Aussies and look after our own. In 2 or 3 years time we could have a whole load of good Brits filling our sides. Time for it to happen.

Stupid post. Time to improve the quality of our league, not blame those who bring the quality.

I meant could he choose to now represent Australia at speedway the same way some cricketers have played for 2 different countries?.

He has dual nationality so he can choose either. He has always nailed his flag to the UK mast and I don't see that changing.

He has certainly done more for British Speedway than the BSPA have so we should be grateful of that. Whilst I don't agree with his stance on not riding in the National competitions I firmly lay the blame on that where it belongs, with the governing body.

• Like 1

The people in these threads trying to win arguments on negligible points is pathetic. Why do we always look to blame others? If you were training for a boxing match against Wladimir Klitschko, but you were only sparring against 5ft journeyman, you wouldn't stand a chance of winning. The Brits need to be competing against the best of the best to better themselves.

• Like 1

I'm personally not a fan of the title of this thread.

It just creates division and is something that wouldn't go amiss nazi propaganda.

Let's create a society where there's no racism and where we treat everybody equally, a Labour government can provide that.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

Post Brexit Aussies will still need to get a BRITISH VISA to ride in the uk, it will not then give them access to all eu countries as it does at present

I've seen this comment made by a few people recently and am genuinely curious...Do Australian riders not currently have to get a visa for Poland to race there if they are racing in the UK?

Certainly in other fields of work a visa for the UK would not allow the person to work in Poland, and similarly a visa to work in Poland would not allow them to work in the UK.

• Like 1

He has dual nationality so he can choose either. He has always nailed his flag to the UK mast and I don't see that changing.

He has certainly done more for British Speedway than the BSPA have so we should be grateful of that. Whilst I don't agree with his stance on not riding in the National competitions I firmly lay the blame on that where it belongs, with the governing body.

So Tai could ride in this seasons World Cup for Australia if he wants?.