British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolves V Poole 27/3/17 + Poole V Wolves 29/3/17 Es.

No way that's enforcable plus i expect KK to well st Rye he did last time he was there

What happened to my 'devil' emoticon lol

Shanes nearly got Clegg on the line thought he had from where i am standing

Sorry FB but Clegg got it, I stand directly in line with the starting gate.

Sorry FB but Clegg got it, I stand directly in line with the starting gate.

Not desputing the result of that race because i wasnt directly in line with the finish but looked very close, impressed with Shanes looks promising.

Will see how Wolves' Reserves match up against other teams with weak pairings than Poole's but I sense that there will be a change at the position at some point in the season.

• Like 1

wolves will try sign danyon hume id imagine to replace greaves sooner rather than later depends if he wants all 3 leagues ...

Only in speedway can you use the wrong race format cos of a printing company failure.

The sport just gets worse.

What's the betting they will use the new format in wnd leg. They should just use the old race format for the Elite shield now

• Like 1

Not desputing the result of that race because i wasnt directly in line with the finish but looked very close, impressed with Shanes looks promising.

Will be good to see how he progresses. Deffo a decent signing on 2pt average. Wish we had signed him!

Edited by superguest

What's wrong with KK?

He is visiting Monmore, has tightbendphobia. As does Krurtz. Considering what Klindt accomplished, the other Pirates must have been pretty drivel.

How can he wrong format be allowed to be used? We have people betting on the sport and this kind of rubbish is allowed to happen 🤔

Just got back and pretty well pleased with the result. All to play for in the second leg with Poole far far superior at reserve and KK will come to play on a more regular speedway track.

Good weather if cold. Meeting dragged out far to long. No need for an interval after all the delays with riders having two or three on the trot.

Think Poole are unlucky to be ten down. Holders move under Clegg was fine but Clegg bailed it knowing he had lost the spot and vardy fell for it. The wolves fans all around me were suprised Holder was excluded. Kurtz was leading one heat when Andersen was clipped by Howarth and in the rerun completely missed the start. Also thought Shanes got Clegg on the line by half a wheel but was at 45 degrees to the starting gate.

With Poole always having a strong reserve it gives us a decent advantage over team lie Woves who have two sitting ducks.

Some decent racing with Thorsell untouchable tonight. May be a different story in 48 hours time.

Special mention to Shanes who looked lie he was crapping hiself before the meeting but rode like a little bulldog. Fully desered his points.

How can he wrong format be allowed to be used? We have people betting on the sport and this kind of rubbish is allowed to happen

If the Poole program is already printed it will be in the new format, which will make everything ludicrous. How the hell can Wolves let this happen?

What's wrong with KK?

nothing. Just a usual indifferent showing.

Only in speedway can you use the wrong race format cos of a printing company failure.

The sport just gets worse.

It's an assumption it was the wrong format. I read it was mentioned on the radio that the format was wrong but nothing was mentioned from Porkie or announcer.

If they use the same format at Poole we will know it was correct.

I still found it strange given that PA had mentioned the new race format in the programme.

Great way to start the season although it could have gone either way with 2 races left.

Track was great as well with some superb racing and on track battles. Well prepared with plenty of dirt down. Hopefully we will get back to having one of the best racetracks in the country again if tonight is anything to go by.

RR definitely suited Poole better with 8 versus 3. Newman is good around Monmore but 8 from 4 would have been a good score from him.

No doubt a certain person will say Wolves got lucky getting 3 extra points for Adam because he is crap however we all know he wasn't at wolves last Sunday to see an impressive and improved showing from Sqora. It's likely Adam would have scored that at least.

The Clegg/Holder incident could have gone either way. Clegg I thought got spooked and dropped it initially however when you make a steaming move up the inside of a rider on the 1st bend there is a good chance the ref will call it against you.

The other gripe was heat 11. Andersen came down and all 4 back. Both wolves stayed on the track as they are meant to do. However both Pirates went back to the pits. Hans I can understand but why did Kurtz leave the track and why wasn't he excluded?? Are we using different rules for this competition as well as a different format? ?? Answers on a postcard please.

So a much bigger win than first feared so 10 points should be a manageable lead to hang on to.

WOLVES

FRED - had to work hard in his 2nd and 3rd rides otherwise Fred of old. Great rescue move in heat 7. 4.5/5

KYLE - determined and quick, battled hard when behind. Impressive showing. 4/5 MOTM

RR - inadequate. 1/5

JACOB - has quick was he? Posted much quicker times than anyone else often half a lap ahead. Managed to rescue heat 15 for his maximum. 5/5

SAM - first 2 rides were poor by his standard but was also involved in some great battles. 2.5/5

MAX - came out like a scalded cat for his 2nd ride but struggled to hold positions off the 4th bend. Only beat Shanes. 1.5/5

NATHAN - first 2 rides very much on the pace however let slip 3rd in heat 12. 1.5/5

POOLE

KK - a usual inept performance from the former world number 2. Not bothered when behind and couldn't be bothered when gating and leading. Some things never change. 1/5

Holder - very ordinary performance as expected. There will be plenty of performances like this as he is unproven at this level. 1.5/5

Kurtz - starred brightly and nearly followed that in his 2nd until he got caught sleeping by Fast Freddie. Got outbattled again in heat 14. Another rider who will have plenty of meetings like this. Hopefully at Monmore. 2/5

RR- a good score from that berth. 4/5

Andersen - had his good moments and can ride Monmore well. This one was decidedly average. 2.5/5

Klindt - trapping gloves were on so was always going to score a bucket load. Poole top man by some distance. Beat every Wolf bar Jacob. More than did his job. 4.5/5

Shanes - a battler that beat greaves 2-1. I like him. 2/5

Wolves and Poole should be heavily fined for both racing under the incorrect format or both results should be void and both clubs thrown out of the Elite Shield.

What a mockery the sport has sunk too, can you imagine premier league football where Chelsea show 15 players in their starting line up to play against West Hams 11, oh but its been printed.

BSPA cannot get any worse than this, lets close the doors,now to this dead sport, bunch of morons, piss up and brewery spring to mind

Bspa could fall into the gran canyon full of titties and emerge sucking their thumbs, oh man I can't even sleep now

Edited by CookieIpswich
  • Like 1

How can he wrong format be allowed to be used? We have people betting on the sport and this kind of rubbish is allowed to happen

It's an assumption. Guess we will know Wednesday if the shield is being ridden on old format.

Just got back and pretty well pleased with the result. All to play for in the second leg with Poole far far superior at reserve and KK will come to play on a more regular speedway track.

Good weather if cold. Meeting dragged out far to long. No need for an interval after all the delays with riders having two or three on the trot.

Think Poole are unlucky to be ten down. Holders move under Clegg was fine but Clegg bailed it knowing he had lost the spot and vardy fell for it. The wolves fans all around me were suprised Holder was excluded. Kurtz was leading one heat when Andersen was clipped by Howarth and in the rerun completely missed the start. Also thought Shanes got Clegg on the line by half a wheel but was at 45 degrees to the starting gate.

With Poole always having a strong reserve it gives us a decent advantage over team lie Woves who have two sitting ducks.

Some decent racing with Thorsell untouchable tonight. May be a different story in 48 hours time.

Special mention to Shanes who looked lie he was crapping hiself before the meeting but rode like a little bulldog. Fully desered his points.

If the Poole program is already printed it will be in the new format, which will make everything ludicrous. How the hell can Wolves let this happen?

Ridiculous doesn't begin to cover it if it was supposed to be in the 'new' format. A bit like the track at Poole last friday I guess.

Wolves and Poole should be heavily fined for both racing under the incorrect format or both results should be void and both clubs thrown out of the Elite Shield.

What a mockery the sport has sunk too, can you imagine premier league football where Chelsea show 15 players in their starting line up to play against West Hams 11, oh but its been printed.

BSPA cannot get any worse than this, lets close the doors,now to this dead sport, bunch of morons, piss up and brewery spring to mind

Bspa could fall into the gran canyon full of titties and emerge sucking their thumbs, oh man I can't even sleep now

Who will win it then in that case?

• Like 1

Why does this sport continuely shoot itself in the foot. Whatever the reason for the programme printout, it was wrong. This year, It was decided to use a said format, therefore changes the emphasis on the reserves accordingly. It wouldn't have taken long to have reprinted a centre sheet to replace that, printed in the programme. We see them every time we have a cancellation.

But this 'It'll do Attitude' is disgraceful. Now having run the first leg to the old format, the second leg has to be run the same way, other wise fairness goes out of the window. What happens now if Poole have had their programs printed already??

When is this sport going to be run in a professional manner, when at last, we might bring some common sense into the proceeding...

Utter shambles ......

• Like 5