British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolves V Poole 27/3/17 + Poole V Wolves 29/3/17 Es.

What I don't understand is that if the programme was printed wrong, surely they could of just got some inserts printed using the correct format?

Them orange tinted glasses are on again. It was a monumental cock up.

If you provide a link that proves wrong doing last night you might have a point.

I take it you won't have one.

However just to prove I don't wear tinted glasses I will be the first to say if it was a printing error it would an absolutely ridiculous situation to have allowed to happen.

I take it you have seen Wednesdays Poole programme with the original format in then seeing as you are so confident. I'd hate to think you were wrong.

If you provide a link that proves wrong doing last night you might have a point.

I take it you won't have one.

However just to prove I don't wear tinted glasses I will be the first to say if it was a printing error it would an absolutely ridiculous situation to have allowed to happen.

I take it you have seen Wednesdays Poole programme with the original format in then seeing as you are so confident. I'd hate to think you were wrong.

Poole need to use last years format now, it would make the competition even more of a joke than it already is.

• Like 1

To be fair the PA outside was so bad in the first part of the meeting then you wouldn't have been able to hear any announcements even if it was made. I stand on the last bend and could barely hear a thing from the box.

A real mixture of a meeting. The first five or six heats were pretty dull and the long delays between didn't help. The turning point seemed to be Freddies ruthless move on Kurtz. After than, we saw some terrific action.

However, we certainly need to improve our gating when the league action starts. Other than Thorssell (who was exceptional) Poole were far better out of the start.

Edited by mb1990
  • Like 1

Forgetting who allegedly screwed up with the format for a moment the really poor show is that the Wolves OS has a match report but sod all explanation as to what's gone on. The promotion cannot possibly be unaware of the uncertainty amongst their supporters so one can only assume they're using the 'keep quiet and hope it goes away' method.

Get your facts right before you have a whinge. This is the equivalent of football's season opener, league winners v cup winners. In speedway terms it's a glorified challenge match.

Even when told still ploughed on in ignorance :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Poole need to use last years format now, it would make the competition even more of a joke than it already is.

Irrelevant. Poole's programme will already be printed.

Anyway we will all know on Wednesday.

If they have chosen to use last season's format for just this competition it still doesn't make sense.

With this seasons riding order :shock:

To be fair the PA outside was so bad in the first part of the meeting then you wouldn't have been able to hear any announcements even if it was made. I stand on the last bend and could barely hear a thing from the box.

I was in the stadium from 6.30 and could hear perfectly announcements from my stand point.

It's the radio show with Dicky Dodd till 7.30 who is in no position to give official news. Which he didn't.

No mention of the race format during introductions or prior to heat 1 or at any time during the meeting.

• Like 1

You can't use two different race formats for one competition

Don't bet on it :D

• Like 2

Wolves fan by any chance?

Still makes the sport image awful and if unpunished proves how badly speedway needs a separate governing body

Yep a Wolves fan and proud of it but not blinkered like Shovlar. Clearly the Wolves management must be at fault, either by 1. sending the wrong format to the printer or 2. not proof reading the draft. If the old format was used then Poole have benefited by their reserves having more protected rides than this years format. Hence those who made the mistake have suffered by it, all equitable one could say. As regards making the image awful, I would ask to whom? The match was not televised, the majority of fans there would not understand, or probably care, about the nuances of the change in formula. The presenter Porky every week asks if there any people new to speedway, and there were a few. They wouldn't even be aware that there had been a change in formula. So yes it was an error/mistake but hardly a capital offence for a challenge match. For me the main point we got the meeting on, and it was enjoyable with good racing.

• Like 2

Yep a Wolves fan and proud of it but not blinkered like Shovlar. Clearly the Wolves management must be at fault, either by 1. sending the wrong format to the printer or 2. not proof reading the draft. If the old format was used then Poole have benefited by their reserves having more protected rides than this years format. Hence those who made the mistake have suffered by it, all equitable one could say. As regards making the image awful, I would ask to whom? The match was not televised, the majority of fans there would not understand, or probably care, about the nuances of the change in formula. The presenter Porky every week asks if there any people new to speedway, and there were a few. They wouldn't even be aware that there had been a change in formula. So yes it was an error/mistake but hardly a capital offence for a challenge match. For me the main point we got the meeting on, and it was enjoyable with good racing.

Its certainly not Pooles reserves that need protecting. wolves reserves must be the weakest in the league. They both need all the help they can get!

Its certainly not Pooles reserves that need protecting. wolves reserves must be the weakest in the league. They both need all the help they can get!

Whoosh !

• Like 1

Missed the point completely. The old formula (used last night) benefits teams like Poole with a strong reserve with 2 protected heats.

Poole benefited last night by using the old formula.

And yet still lost by 10 because of the failings of the 1-5.

Sounds familiar tho doesn't it? Cough cough play offs splutter.

• Like 2

Missed the point completely. The old formula (used last night) benefits teams like Poole with a strong reserve with 2 protected heats.

Poole benefited last night by using the old formula.

And yet still lost by 10 because of the failings of the 1-5.

Sounds familiar tho doesn't it? Cough cough play offs splutter.

Still trying to gloat about beating half a team in the playoffs? Only way you won last year is because we had riders out and you know it. Make the most of it cause Wolves ain't going to win anything this season. Lol!