British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick V Newcastle Tyne Tweed Trophy 1st Leg Sat 25th March

lovely weather here in Berwick they are even leaving stadium roof open. Hoping for a nice Bandits win and both sets of riders to have a safe meeting.

Won't help with the singing if the roof is open

• Like 1

Cracking meeting, the races between Vissing and Lambert worth the admission alone. Track looked really good, with a few new lines. Another big crowd, good presentation, no real gaps between the races (finished before half 8) with lots of time for the youngsters to train afterwards. A good nights speedway all round.

• Like 7

I really enjoyed tonights meeting, some fantastic races In front of a big crowd. Encouraging riders being able to pass around Berwick so early into the season.

Can't wait to see Lamberts career unfold over the next few years.

• Like 2

Cracking meeting, the races between Vissing and Lambert worth the admission alone. Track looked really good, with a few new lines. Another big crowd, good presentation, no real gaps between the races (finished before half 8) with lots of time for the youngsters to train afterwards. A good nights speedway all round.

Fully agree, if only every meeting could be like this, hard first turns, close scores and even closer racing in front of a very healthy crowd. Newcastle look to have put together another good team and are lead by probably the best rider in our league so to hold them to a draw may not look such a bad result in a few weeks. Berwick look a decent team this year, Vissing looks very good and IMO Ryan Blackrock thoroughly deserved his rider of the night award. Like the new presentation of the riders at the start of the night to so all in all worth the £15 entry money and that's all I ask.

• Like 4

Yes agree with above quality meeting Vissing on Fire the last heat was top drawer. Lewis looks to be getting his setup sorted. Newcastle as always produce a well balanced team and hopefully along with ourselves will be in the mix at the end of the season.

One of tjhe best meetings I have seen at Berwick for a long time, some cracking racingwith riders from both sides giving their all.

great result for n'cstle imo , out of interest do Berwick still not allow the visiting riders a warm up lap after the pre meeting presentation?

Edited by pablo133

I must confess, I underestimated the strength of the Newcastle side....they are a well balanced side and could well be in the mix at the end of the season.

The meeting itself was fantastic with some breathtaking racing. Two evenly matched sides with a draw probably the fairest result.

• Like 1

Just seen a pic of the pits at Berwick last night.

My Witches team may have had an inkling that they would need so much dayglo yellow in the suit design in order to have any chance of seeing one end if the bike from the other..... ☺

Just seen a pic of the pits at Berwick last night.

My Witches team may have had an inkling that they would need so much dayglo yellow in the suit design in order to have any chance of seeing one end if the bike from the other..... ☺

Never mind bit lighter for your team next week, clocks gone forward!! There is always one

• Like 1

As said very good meeting Claus superb think they should be aiming for hour and half meetings every week. Could anybody understand Steves co presenter ?,any news on track at Duns ?

need a bandits win at ruff parkthe day

. Do not mean to be pessimistic to Bandits fans but I can't see it !! Messrs Vissing and Berge hate it there and has Bridger ridden Brough before ? Edited by Barnstormer

Decent meeting last night with some cracking racing and some good times as well . A healthy crowd is always good to see and I think most would go home happy . Berwick look a little undercooked but that's to be expected at this time of year .

As said very good meeting Claus superb think they should be aiming for hour and half meetings every week. Could anybody understand Steves co presenter ?,any news on track at Duns ?

Couldn't understand much of what he said thankfully because what we could hear was garbage.Dennis McLeary said they would sort out microphone problems for next week.Please don't unless you put his on permanent silent.

Last time I passed the Duns track a week or two ago it looked like if it was a hard frost it would have been great for ice speedway

• Like 1