British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Scunthorpe C1 24/3/17

I have to say I wasnt that impressed with the team that was put together this year but I went to the Coventry match with high hopes only for them to be shot down in a couple of heats...This is a big one for Panthers and will tell us everything about how the season will go IMO..With the team and the track.

theres nothing like early season optimism 😆😆
  • Like 3

I have to say I wasnt that impressed with the team that was put together this year but I went to the Coventry match with high hopes only for them to be shin there team ot down in a couple of heats...This is a big one for Panthers and will tell us everything about how the season will go IMO..With the team and the track.

A lot will depend on the track conditions (if) they get it right then we will see some cracking racing and a powerful performance from Panthers . Don't be fooled by Sunday's result , Scunthorpe don't have anywhere near the power of Coventry or a Danny King or Kenny Bjerre and will find the going a little bit tougher than maybe they are expecting, all in all it has the makings of a good meeting

[quote name="dontforgetthefueltapsbruv" post="2931113" timestamp="1490216067"

theres nothing like early season optimism 😆😆[/quote

Just being honest..

See you've chirped up this season just because u have an half decent team for once🤢..Hope u fail miserably of course😀

Edited by Lukas

Im nearly always chirpy Lukas whether my Witches team is good or bad and win or lose 👍

Guest Scunny2012

Pet 52 - 38 Scu

Looking forward to my first ever visit to Peterborough, early season anything can happen, Peterboro 43 Scunny 47

hope for some close racing whatever the score :cheers:

Looking forward to my first ever visit to Peterborough, early season anything can happen, Peterboro 43 Scunny 47

hope for some close racing whatever the score :cheers:

results are hard to call, but the racing is normally superb

Bailey out Campos in.

Bailey was at KL for NDL practice but as he did not have a spin at our P & P, after an operation to remove a plate in his shoulder, he is not ready for racing.

Few points coming Tom Bacons way then. Should give him an early season boost as Campos hasn't had much time to prepare and from what i hear may have over indulged at Christmas, Pancake day, spring equinox?

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message remembering to include your mobile number.

Many thanks

Had an inkling last Friday that JB wasn't ready after his plate removal. I though Campos quit speedway last season ?; didn't he ride his 'last ever' meeting for us at reserve ?. Remember last season; going down to Peterborough and getting a right 'pan handling' ! came back thoroughly hacked off. Don't see it this way this time; a few changes to the Panthers 1-7. See Lewis & MPT as key men; Lewis had a decent meeting there last week for Coventry so should be dialled in. Might stick me neck out and say we could nick this.

• Like 2

Wow, lucky escape for the panthers

No not really we are saving our lucky escape get out of jail card for when the Witches come to town. Bet you lot wish you could have one when the Sheffield Tigers come to the foxhole.