British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue 5/4/17 And Belle Vue V Poole 7/4/17 Ko Cup.

Fricke isn't a top rider. Cook is the number 1 in your team. Fricke hasn't made the grade in England yet. He rides in Poland for a team which is the worst in the league. Lingren and Laguta will keep that team in good shape not fricke. Krystian Pieszczek was a much better rider in that team and will be a future world champ. He will be a GP rider but Kurtz has more potential and is tapping into that because he came to premiership a year later than Fricke.

I respect your opinion but it doesn't change the fact that it's absolute bollox

• Like 4

I respect your opinion but it doesn't change the fact that it's absolute bollox

Fair enough. At least you respected it. Good use of the forum by us. Not having a go at each other just discussing.

• Like 1

i would be on the Ipswich thread but we don't have a meeting thanks. Oh and I live an hour from Ipswich so as you know it's not my home town. Do us a favour and either talk about the meeting or simply shut up

No you don't do you. That always seems to your excuse..

No you don't do you. That always seems to your excuse..

no we have had meetings and I've commented on those. As I've said thanks for your concern. Now run along as the adults are still chatting. Unless of course you have anything to say about last nights meeting? Seems strange your more worried about me then last night particularly as you were so vocal when you beat Wolves. What was it you were saying 'keep the premiership trophy clean'. Bit premature I think based on last night but then again you haven't made a comment worthy of discussion about last night yet. Not worried about your number one for example? Edited by Gavan

Don't know about Dorset but most English schools are off this week and next.

Not in Wiltshire either

I've had a long time away from this board.

Imo you talk a lot of sense, certainly about poole, they just don't see it because they're so arrogant

Touch paper well and truly lit...

Poor racing last night with virtually no overtaking after 2nd bend. The only racing line was on the boards which Cook rode. If you didn't gate it was curtains except KK gated twice and was passed on the outside by 2nd bend.

Chris Holder started badly last season so comparatively KK is no worse but he will need to start showing some form by end of this month, if he is available to ride, otherwise Matt might start looking elsewhere as he has said he was too lenient last season.

I see Gavan is flooding the Poole thread again.. No supprise there.. :nono:

To be fair he's making good points unlike yourself, you really do have an agenda with him!
  • Like 3

He was great round Brandon last year - what's gone wrong?!! ;)

That's what's strange. He had some tracks he struggled a bit at like Swindon & Wolves but was very good one most of the other tracks. He only dropped 1 point on our last visit to Poole.

• Like 1

Very disappointing performance from the Pirates. Firstly, the track was incredibly slick, and somewhat dusty, producing poor racing all night. Whilst I'm aware riders prefer the slicker and therefore 'safer' tracks these days, this was too far in that direction for my taste. There were multiple races when faster riders were unable to pass slower ones in front of them, despite trying multiple lines, and as far as a viewing spectacle goes, last night's product was terrible. Gate 1 provided the heat winner of 6 of the last 8 races I believe.

As for the Poole team;

KK continues to look slow. I'd say he was better than a week ago, but in all honesty it was hard to tell as it was gate-and-go last night, so even if he was on faster bikes you wouldn't have been able to tell, as you couldn't pass.

Holder was underwhelming, but I'm willing to give him a pass for the time being. He needs to improve though.

Kerr was trying, but failed to make an impact. The sooner Kyle is back, the better.

Kurtz was my rider of the night. He challenged all meeting, and tried both inside and outside lines. He was one of the few riders that made a pass on the night, albeit on the first lap. He's riding the Chris Holder line and its working well.

Hansii was solid. Not as good as last week, but probably because he wasn't sharp enough from the gate.

Klindt did what was expected from a "super reserve". He scores double figures as long as he is at reserve, and despite his "gating tart" reputation, he was clearer making an effort (albeit futile) when chasing.

Shanes rode better than he scored for me. Continues to look stylish (reminds me of Steve Schofield) and like Kurtz, was willing to explore multiple lines when chasing. Again, this proved to be a fruitless task on the slick track, other than his last to second in heat two. His gating has been pretty good too, all things considered.

Onwards and upwards I guess. Second year in a row when we've been caught out against Belle Vue by our own track prep. It's the same for everyone, but home riders have an expectation....

Good honest post!
  • Like 1

I see Gavan is flooding the Poole thread again.. No supprise there.. :nono:

Gavan can comment on the Poole thread as much as he likes as far as i am concerned, don't know why it bothers you so much.

Jack Holder's form is a big worry, i certainly thought he would be better than he is showing. I expected very little from Lewis Kerr so i am not too disappointed in him, come back soon Kyle please. Hopefully KK's form is only a early season blip as he should be getting maximum's at home, we will have to see how he goes at Belle Vue as it is a track he likes, Hans has been a bit up and down but probably to be expected after injury.

• Like 2

Not in Wiltshire either

Touch paper well and truly lit...

That's what I'm here for ;-)

Yes, I would agree with Fricke is better ATM but Kurtz has such a nice style on a bike.

Gavan What do you think about Holder?? I'm not sure what to think yet. But everyone says he is better than Chris. It's early season and last night perhaps wasn't his night which is fair enough considering it's only the second week.

Ellis and Lambert are the hope though. They have GP potential.

Bates, will get to Danny King/Cook level

Bewley, Shanes,Perks seem the three to me who could also make the grade.

Shanes is awesome to watch with his style on a bike due to grass and long track. I really think he could be a good rider.

Funny you mention Kurtz and his riding style but that is what drew me to following Fricke's career.His riding style is superb (Like Adams) and his progress in Poland has been very good last year Masters caught up with Kurtz/Fricke.Now both of them need to kick on Lambert is by far our greatest hope for the future and Steve Worrall could be a contender again for the WTC squad.

Funny you mention Kurtz and his riding style but that is what drew me to following Fricke's career.His riding style is superb (Like Adams) and his progress in Poland has been very good last year Masters caught up with Kurtz/Fricke.Now both of them need to kick on Lambert is by far our greatest hope for the future and Steve Worrall could be a contender again for the WTC squad.

I forgot Worrall, sorry. He is a good rider. Masters I don't rate. He could be a Doyle but they come once every 10 years and he still hasn't got to that grade. He is 25/26 so 5 years ahead of Fricke and Kurtz. Holder is interesting though because apparently he has the most talent but looks a year behind.

My WC Squad would be right now. I would go young because without Tai we won't get anywhere. So why not set it up for the next couple of years. Aus did that with Ward and Holder and was about to pay off until the injury. Could you imagine, Ward Holder Doyle(now he has stepped up) Kurtz, Fricke. Jealous.

Lambert

Ellis

Worrall

Cook

Bates

I forgot Worrall, sorry. He is a good rider. Masters I don't rate. He could be a Doyle but they come once every 10 years and he still hasn't got to that grade. He is 25/26 so 5 years ahead of Fricke and Kurtz. Holder is interesting though because apparently he has the most talent but looks a year behind.

My WC Squad would be right now. I would go young because without Tai we won't get anywhere. So why not set it up for the next couple of years. Aus did that with Ward and Holder and was about to pay off until the injury. Could you imagine, Ward Holder Doyle(now he has stepped up) Kurtz, Fricke. Jealous.

Lambert

Ellis

Worrall

Cook

Bates

If the British riders got the same things from British promoters that the Aussies get then maybe we would be up there, saying that who was it who financially backed the Aussies in last years World Cup ? Maybe he should of done it for the Brits instead.

Max had a major breakthrough last year. He wasn't just riding in the top leagues out there, he was beating very good riders.

I have high expectations of him this season. I think he will break into the GPs and sadly, I think it will be his final season in the UK.