British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Xtra/nice League Sunday 8th October Live On Tv

I posted this on Friday about the Torun riding order for this match- and there is nothing i have seen makes me withdraw anything i said !!!!!

Your lineup got 60-30 written all over it. :lol: Couple of more points from the juniors, Walasek or Miedzinski and this could have been a last heat decider with Hancock and Holder on the line.

The problem being that the 'top 2' haven't been scoring like the top 2 have they?!

Class is permanent- form is temporary- need I say more. They also just had the 2 matches -1 against probably the best team in the league Gorzow.

Edited by racers and royals

Think we have to be thankful for what we have!! British Speedway isn't supported like Polish Speedway, where does all the money come from in Poland, surely not council tax 😁

some does and I know that at least one team in Poland the riders receive a substantial fee from the local council, a stadium like Torun is in design very basic and simple but wow, the place just oozes atmosphere and is even when empty a place that is amazing ,belle vue is your average althlectics track stadium design , I just feel it could of been a lot better than it is , it doesn't make me want to go even though the 2 times I've been the racing has been good Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Class is permanent- form is temporary- need I say more. They also just had the 2 matches -1 against probably the best team in the league Gorzow.

Yes and both matches lost with your riding order. If you look at the scoreboard you see that no order could have won this for Torun. Manager had to change after those results and it almost worked, Holder-Hancock pair keep them in the match. Without them best they could have done is 3-3 in every third race.

Think we have to be thankful for what we have!! British Speedway isn't supported like Polish Speedway, where does all the money come from in Poland, surely not council tax

Some local authorities in Poland see speedway as a good means of publicising and raising the profile of their towns. Who outside of the sports hardcore would ever have known the names Gorzow and Leszno before they were plastered on the race jackets of SGP riders and shown on TV screens all over the world?

So what's new about that? It happens over here and in other sports too. I can think of a major athletics club in Birmingham, not half a mile away from the speedway stadium, who are supported to the hilt by the Council with the use of a prestige stadium and training facilities, all because the same stadium is used for international "Diamond League" athletics meets and other high profile athletics championships that put the name of Birmingham on the sporting map.

The real income though is from advertising and sponsorship. And from quality companies that pay premium prices too. You only have to see the advertising hoardings that are on the centre greens, and the companies that they are from. Kings Lynn might have an advertising board from Arthur Daly's backstreet electrical shop on it's centre green, but in Poland it's their equivilent of Powergen, E-On, and British Gas etc who advertises. and they pay what you'd expect a national company to pay, to do so.

It's the virtuous circle over there. A quality product, attracting lots of people to watch which attracts advertisers and sponsors to provide backing, (because they have the audeince to market to) The backing is serious money which can be spent on sustaining and improving the product, And so it goes round.

• Like 1

All i will say is corruption is rife in Poland.One of the worst countries in the EU if not the no.1.There was a report done by a polish journalist that stated there was a lot of corruption in polish football and though not to that level it should be assumed the same would apply to speedway.

Nuff said

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Yes and both matches lost with your riding order. If you look at the scoreboard you see that no order could have won this for Torun. Manager had to change after those results and it almost worked, Holder-Hancock pair keep them in the match. Without them best they could have done is 3-3 in every third race.

Lets see how long he keeps today`s order ;)

All i will say is corruption is rife in Poland.One of the worst countries in the EU if not the no.1.There was a report done by a polish journalist that stated there was a lot of corruption in polish football and though not to that level it should be assumed the same would apply to speedway.

Nuff said

and yet we have a country that billionaires from all corners of the globe want to buy into our football teams (some not even football country's )and if that doesn't spell corruption nothing will Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

We move on to Tuesday night 2nd May when the TV match is Czestochowa v Rybnik programme starts at 5pm UK time 1st race 5.30pm.

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

http://www.meczyki.pl/

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html

The other match on Tuesday is Zielona Gora v Grudziadz

Edited by racers and royals

some does and I know that at least one team in Poland the riders receive a substantial fee from the local council, a stadium like Torun is in design very basic and simple but wow, the place just oozes atmosphere and is even when empty a place that is amazing ,belle vue is your average althlectics track stadium design , I just feel it could of been a lot better than it is , it doesn't make me want to go even though the 2 times I've been the racing has been good

There was obviously not the money to do more?

Nuff said

MB, what do you think to this?

and yet we have a country that billionaires from all corners of the globe want to buy into our football teams (some not even football country's )and if that doesn't spell corruption nothing will

Sky money?

Some local authorities in Poland see speedway as a good means of publicising and raising the profile of their towns. Who outside of the sports hardcore would ever have known the names Gorzow and Leszno before they were plastered on the race jackets of SGP riders and shown on TV screens all over the world?

So what's new about that? It happens over here and in other sports too. I can think of a major athletics club in Birmingham, not half a mile away from the speedway stadium, who are supported to the hilt by the Council with the use of a prestige stadium and training facilities, all because the same stadium is used for international "Diamond League" athletics meets and other high profile athletics championships that put the name of Birmingham on the sporting map.

The real income though is from advertising and sponsorship. And from quality companies that pay premium prices too. You only have to see the advertising hoardings that are on the centre greens, and the companies that they are from. Kings Lynn might have an advertising board from Arthur Daly's backstreet electrical shop on it's centre green, but in Poland it's their equivilent of Powergen, E-On, and British Gas etc who advertises. and they pay what you'd expect a national company to pay, to do so.

It's the virtuous circle over there. A quality product, attracting lots of people to watch which attracts advertisers and sponsors to provide backing, (because they have the audeince to market to) The backing is serious money which can be spent on sustaining and improving the product, And so it goes round.

Pretty much spot on explanation big well known national companies sponsor speedway and most cities put money into it too plus lot of venues are shared stadiums usually used by soccer or other sports(i think Wroclaw is US Football) for example this is wiki in English about major extraliga sponsor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polska_Grupa_Energetyczna

P.S I worked night shift yesterday so was only able to watch Bydgoszcz-Rzeszow match and then fell asleep or i would try to contribute more over here during the matches that went on later in the day(Extraliga).

Edited by pawel115

Wizja Tv i pay 10 £ for 3 month subscription it contains all sport ch plus more at least for me i watch lots of news on it.

Ok thanks. Am just figuring it out. The email for application is in polish.

Edited by Sniffy

Love Polish speedway. Such a tough sport.

MB, what do you think to this?

On the matter of corruption I'd say "let those without sin cast the first stone"

I take it you've read Pawel's post?