British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Rye House Vs Swindon 08.04.17

I don't think Swindon have enough race winners to trouble RH. Doyle and Morris need to win all their races to be in with a shout, and I cant see them doing that.

Comfortable RH win...

Hands up, I got that totally wrong. Thought RH would be better than that, Plus Swindon benefitted big time using RR. But well done to the Robins !!!!

Surely Rye get priority over Rob. Not owned by either of his clubs but rode for Rye House last season.

Isn't it because Sheffield are in the same league as Redcar (the club that own him)?

Can anyone tell me if u are still not allowed TR's in KOCUP.

Bet365 are saying bellego had 9pts and 1 of them pts was from a TR so they are taking it off so paying out on him getting 8pts.

Bspa offical result are saying he got 7+2 which I believe is right

If anyone was there can say if there was any TR last night please

Sounds like a great night for BWD

There's no point Rye House having a slick track and then signing riders like Nicholls & esp Harris who need to be able to race. Bomber hates it slick.

When I didn't rate this team as a play off team, some questioned why but tonight partly showed.

Yes they are known riders with lots of EL experienced but they all fit in the same team due to a decline in their averages due to a drop in form over the last couple of years.

They are known for being very inconsistent

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 3

Well I didn't see anyone predicting an away win BEFORE the meeting last night and I was one who got it wrong big time although there were two points with contributed but not exonerated my inexactitude. No Branford (needs an explanation), Ellis r/r 10 points and I forgot how well Grondal rode at Rye last year then he couldn't beat a drum for the rest of the season.

As always its the silly season where people overreact after two meetings but it must he said this week becomes a big week for Watt with away meetings at big tracks that he likes (Swindon and KL) and then a third home meeting, if he doesn't deliver by this time next week his place needs to be seriously looked at as without Coventry there are not that many meetings this season.

Having "missed the target" on my prediction last night I will now say don't write this tie off yet (but we need Branford and Perks) as last year 6 of our riders had better away averages than home when it is usual to only have one or two riders.

Finally amongst the gloom another great effort from Perks, so much for making up the numbers.

Bet365 are saying bellego had 9pts and 1 of them pts was from a TR so they are taking it off so paying out on him getting 8pts.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/17results/rye_house_08.04.17_res.pdf it was a R/R

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

It's not over yet with Rye having riders that like the big Abbey circuit. Should be enough. Good to see Grondal getting a decent total after his misfortune on Thursday, and Morra is on fire, ahead of Doyley at the moment. Good stuff from the Flying Frenchman and BWD. You can never write off a Rosco side.

In Rosco We Trust...(others pay cash).

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1

It's one defeat, not ideal but not the end of the world.

Branford should have been riding for Rye if we do have priority on his services, the cup is an ideal way to lay down a marker, while realistically he probably wouldn't have made the difference you need to have your best team out whenever possible.

Robbo and Watt are going to become scapegoats, it's as clear as day already. Let's look at this league as somewhere between the EL and PL, Robbo was a 4 point EL rider and 7 point PL rider, he's going to average between 5-5.5 in this league I'd say and most people should have known his average would drop from the start. I'm glad we have him back though.

As for Watt however he should be averaging his 7 a meeting and early signs aren't looking promising. He can only be afforded so much time because he is a vital cog in the team, a second string who is expected to score like a heat leader. Rory Schlein is in decent form and hasn't got a Premiership spot.

Branford should have been riding for Rye if we do have priority on his services, the cup is an ideal way to lay down a marker, while realistically he probably wouldn't have made the difference you need to have your best team out whenever possible.

Robbo and Watt are going to become scapegoats, it's as clear as day already. Let's look at this league as somewhere between the EL and PL, Robbo was a 4 point EL rider and 7 point PL rider, he's going to average between 5-5.5 in this league I'd say and most people should have known his average would drop from the start. I'm glad we have him back though.

As for Watt however he should be averaging his 7 a meeting and early signs aren't looking promising. He can only be afforded so much time because he is a vital cog in the team, a second string who is expected to score like a heat leader. Rory Schlein is in decent form and hasn't got a Premiership spot.

or even Ricky Wells

Sounds like a great night for BWD

There's no point Rye House having a slick track and then signing riders like Nicholls & esp Harris who need to be able to race. Bomber hates it slick.

When I didn't rate this team as a play off team, some questioned why but tonight partly showed.

Yes they are known riders with lots of EL experienced but they all fit in the same team due to a decline in their averages due to a drop in form over the last couple of years.

They are known for being very inconsistent

I agree about the track but Nicholls did all that could be expected, beating Doyle twice. Harris should get more from the easier No.3 but Robson is really only a reserve and Watt is just not sharp enough at the moment - I would much prefer Schlein.

Watt looked dreadful on Friday in a televised Polish match from Rzeszow as well, against a Pila team that wasn't exactly packed with stars.

The problem with adding Wells and Schlein is that they will be unavailable half the time. Branford apparently didn't know where he was going yesterday and had his final destination changed a couple of times.

Just highlights why doubling up needs kicking into touch for all bar young Brits who can be easily replaced.

The current situation is a total farce and an utter embarrassment to the sport.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 4

Swindon were never behind after heat 2 so there were no opportunities (for either team) to use a TR. He did take an RR ride though which is allowed.

The only thing I can think for Branford riding for his championship team is that it was a league match whereas this one was a KOC match. I didn't see that in the rules that someone posted yesterday though.

T/Rs are not allowed in any 2-leg aggregate fixture eg KO Cup, SGB play-offs etc.

Congratulations to the Robins on a fully deserved victory last night, they had 5 riders fully up to the task. As expected RR helped them massively, If they had Adam Ellis riding it could have been a different story.

As for the Rockets weak links showed tonight, Davey Watt dosent look remotely interested or any where near quick enough to be riding at this level.Stuart Robson's early scores have also been poor admittedly unlucky with the exclusion in his first ride. The reserves in my opinion did their job but when your second strings are not scoring the pressure builds on them which is exactly what this team dosent want. Chris Harris also had a bit of an off night only scoring 7+1. Cant argue with the EK (8) and SN (12) . Lets see if we can pull of the unexpected on Thursday. Up The Rockets!