British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Rye House V King's Lynn 15/04/17

Do you get more passes when the track has no dirt at all or when it has more material on these days?

My experience last season was it appeared to have more on it and racing at times was superb! Sad to read ahead of my visit there next week!

Kings Lynn fans moaning about the state of a track 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 almost as funny as when Poole fans moan

• Like 1

Yeah ! probably :wink: ... I hate to lose, it what has driven me all my life. I will admit, having been to RH few times in the past I thought we were capable of getting a point at least from our visit and was quite surprise to be turned over as we were.

As you say its still 4 laps on a speedway bike, and you start from the same place, but you forgot to mention: its follow the leader, not allow to overtake, and the first one to the corner always wins. You could have got as much excitement watching riders practising .. .. . . .. one at a time.....

Not allowed to overtake? Hmmmm... don't think that's in the rule book, but I'll have to check.

I'm also a terrible loser, but nowhere near as bad as I was. It's the reason I stopped going to see us a KL for the last 2 or 3 years you were PL, but strangely continued to travel to Somerset where we were even worse!

Do you get more passes when the track has no dirt at all or when it has more material on these days?

Hard to say as I've rarely seen the track with lots of shale down. Don't think the new exhausts help, but I'm no expert by any means.

The one meeting I saw at Rye when it had loads of grip was a PL meeting with Sheffield a few years back. First meeting of the season. I recall riders getting into difficulty on the second turn and it reverted to its normal state for the rest of the season.

There was a meeting on a rain soaked track, world U21 qualifier I think it was. Any other meeting and it would've been called off. A young lad by the name of Emil Sayfutdinov revelled in the conditions.

Edited by Shads

If the Rye track is prepared the way the Rockets riders and promotion want it really we can't argue with that though I'm surprised Chris Harris would want the track the way it was on Saturday night as his game isn't from the gate - one other point Edward Kennett rode well on Saturday for his 15 max I wonder how many points he will get when the Rockets come to Kings Lynn ?my guess not many as the Lynn track will be prepared the way the Stars riders want it so really we can't moan about Rye as we will do the same

The track wasn't great but you'd think KL's was as good as Belle Vue with the criticism on here. Unfortunately more and more speedway is from the gate especially on the smaller circuits.

We've not put together a team of gaters and so if your top riders are consistently being outgated by them then they've got to look at what's going wrong.

The defeat last week seemed to shake up the Rockets.

The track wasn't great but you'd think KL's was as good as Belle Vue with the criticism on here. Unfortunately more and more speedway is from the gate especially on the smaller circuits.

We've not put together a team of gaters and so if your top riders are consistently being outgated by them then they've got to look at what's going wrong.

The defeat last week seemed to shake up the Rockets.

I want all tracks to be conducive for passing, Lynn included. I'd also like all riders to have a proper practice before a meeting to get set up for the track because the lack of this is what invariably messes up the chances of away team ....
  • Like 1

I want all tracks to be conducive for passing, Lynn included. I'd also like all riders to have a proper practice before a meeting to get set up for the track because the lack of this is what invariably messes up the chances of away team ....

I don't disagree with that. Not sure if the power of the bikes make it that easy on the small tracks. TBH I've always thought a practice would be a good idea.

• Like 1

I don't disagree with that. Not sure if the power of the bikes make it that easy on the small tracks. TBH I've always thought a practice would be a good idea.

It would have to be written into the rules, otherwise unscrupulous promoters/team managers would think up any excuse to prevent it. I can see no end of problems and arguments, not worth the hassle.

Kings Lynn (Porsing aside) got their set ups wrong. Didn't see many Swindon fans moaning last week. The track was the same then.

Croc tears, Over the last few years Kings Lynns home record was very good but they were let down on their travels (classic example of a home track bias) , maybe just maybe they do not have as neutral a track as much as they think, now poor Redcar and Scunthorpe suffer every year because theirs really IS a neutral track.

It would have to be written into the rules, otherwise unscrupulous promoters/team managers would think up any excuse to prevent it. I can see no end of problems and arguments, not worth the hassle.

Kings Lynn (Porsing aside) got their set ups wrong. Didn't see many Swindon fans moaning last week. The track was the same then.

I can't see it happening but I'd like it to.

The track isn't as great as it was at the start of last season IMO.

Camber long gone.

Len took the camber to Kent !!

I am a Stars fan and I do my share of moaning. But we were beat by a team that rode better on Saturday. And yes the track was crap but it's the same for both teams.

• Like 1

I am a Stars fan and I do my share of moaning. But we were beat by a team that rode better on Saturday. And yes the track was crap but it's the same for both teams.

Crap is a little harsh. No holes, not dangerous, just slick

I never said there were holes or it was dangerous . It was slick , dusty , and , my opinion crap.

As for the stadium, it becomes a bigger tip every time I see it, and Mr Jenson seems to have achieved absolutely nothing with it, other than to make it a total eyesore.

Although it’s nobody’s fault other than nature dealing a cruel hand, my wife has double lung cancer along with a blood clot on one of them, plus she has major mobility problems with arthritis covering her entire body, and I’m sad to say that the stadium (stand area) has become a major health hazard for her, whilst she continues to try and lead as normal a life as possible, without looking an invalid.

However, because the mangement in their wisdom, have removed the concrete staircase to the stand on the home straight, where she needs to be, to keep out of the worst of the elements, the climb up is now to steep for any older person, and as a result, she fell down two flights of concrete steps last night, cutting her left leg fairly badly, and causing some bruising to her spine. By the grace of whoever, it was fortunate that I was behind her, to break the worst of the fall, otherwise the consequences don’t bear thinking about. I’m amazed this place has passed the Health & Safety regulations!!

Once recovered from the shock of what had happened, we struggled to get up into the bar area, where it has to be said, the viewing is quite good. But even that wasn’t easy, as the public stand on the staircase to that bar, and can in the odd case, be quite stubborn and rude when asked to move out of the way, so you can get through. Standing should not be allowed on those stairs, and it’s high time that Mr Jenson confronted these people and told them to move elsewhere, instead of just wandering around the stadium with a coffee cup in one hand, and mobile phone in the other.

Anyway, once seated and watching the from the gate races, we had to endure an evening of foul mouth beer swillers standing behind us, showing no respect for women and children around them, with their constant ‘F’ this and ‘F’ that, and why doesn’t Bomber stick so and so in the ‘F...ing’ fence, and so on and so forth. Simply terrible.

As for the sound system in that area, it was almost inaudible, for whatever reason, and needs looking at. You could hear Craig on the roving mic okay, but the announcer in the box, who I believe was probably Kevin Moore, you just couldn’t hear, which is a shame.........

As a footnote to this worrying report which carries far greater significance than the petty bickering about the track and racing quality, here's a cautionary tale about someone who's been a friend of mine for over thirty years, and of my wife for far longer.

They have has been a speedway supporter since childhood at West Ham and have been a regular customer of Rye House for several years now.

They also voiced their genuine concerns regarding what they saw as dangerous conditions at the stadium to the promotion - and were banned from the track.

Edited by rmc