British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Peterborough April 15th 7.30pm

There were a few passes by ipswich riders, panthers could have made passes last night but simply didn't fancy it

I dont go every week but the track to me this year suggests its better than last year

• Like 1

There were a few passes by ipswich riders, panthers could have made passes last night but simply didn't fancy it

I dont go every week but the track to me this year suggests its better than last year

Is that supposed to be an endorsement?

The track couldn't have got any worse.

Their has been a lot of comments this year on a lot of threads about the preparation and dirt on tracks and them being prepared for racing as opposed to processions after the first bend, your track was dreadful last although admittedly your team rode it a lot better than mine.

If tracks are not going to be prepared so riders can actually race on them what is the point, stadiums can be very good with excellent seats viewing and amenities but if the racing is crap it's that what's remembered, if you think I am joking read the Sheffield and Glasgow threads this year and they are not the only ones.

Was the track dreadful?? BWD Proved that it wasn't shame he ain't at Ipswich

Their has been a lot of comments this year on a lot of threads about the preparation and dirt on tracks and them being prepared for racing as opposed to processions after the first bend, your track was dreadful last although admittedly your team rode it a lot better than mine.

Can I ask are there any riders or officials on here who were at Ipswich last night who would agree with the above that the Foxhall Track was Dreadful last night?

The only thing in my eyes that was dreadful was the Panthers apart from BWD

Heeps made a couple of cracking passes. Chased the dirt and raced. Hume, a 2 point reserve with only one season's experience behind him had no problems whatsoever, neither did BWD.

Very easy to use the track as an excuse for a pathetic lack of effort.

• Like 5

There was nothing wrong with the track at all! Same old, you have to let bike drift out wide as so easy to over lock. And it's also called a home track advantage. Beaten by a better team on the night

• Like 8

Foxhall has never been a great track for racing, and it was always going to be a comfy home win against this Panthers team. Hopefully it will be more entertaining on Monday...

Given that the showground has been prepared like a ploughed potato field on number of ocassions over the years it is quite ironic....

• Like 4

Given that the showground has been prepared like a ploughed potato field on number of ocassions over the years it is quite ironic....

And most of the time our riders hate it! Lol

If tracks are not going to be prepared so riders can actually race on them what is the point,

If your riders had been able to stay on their bikes and when they did, were able to ride with effort for 4 laps then maybe the fans would have seen a competitive meeting!? :neutral:

There we certainly a half decent crowd there last night, admittedly partially swelled by a some pussycat fans and probably not quite as many as the traditional Good Friday afternoon meetings but a hell of a lot more than Thursday evenings produce.

The track looked a tad greasy to us on the back straight but apparently there were no complaints from the riders (well not Ipswich ones anyway)

At least we have something of an outside line this year as Cam and Danny proved, a line that's been missing for a large number of years at Foxhall.

Can anyone explain what happened to Ostergaard in one race. He got to the first bend first, then put his arms up and everyone went past

Can anyone explain what happened to Ostergaard in one race. He got to the first bend first, then put his arms up and everyone went past

Breaking down I thought? Is that when Sarj dropped it when on a max?

More confusing was when Ully dropped it when infront of king and BWD went into him.

Breaking down I thought? Is that when Sarj dropped it when on a max?

More confusing was when Ully dropped it when infront of king and BWD went into him.

But they all went past and Ully carried on. It was like he was owning up to a jump start.

https://twitter.com/gregkingston/status/853348387046993922

Cracking aerial views of Foxhall last night. Car park looks packed which is surprising considering it was a "poor crowd" for an easter meeting.

With the right magnification and an extreme ocd will then you could do a quick headcount.

Hands up from me I dont have the patience ☺

• Like 1