British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Swindon Vs Rye House

Not a bad meeting at all,and there was a great race between Nick and the evergreen Nicholls .The result was a tad flattering as Rye put up a decent fight BWD was excellent but Morris was outstanding has he turned the corner i hope so the talent was always there can he push on we will see.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Swindon are strong at home in those final 4 races.

Away is where it counts and you are carrying reserves.

Rye vastly over rated at the start of the campaign. Myself included. Had them down as a top 4 team but not now.

Belle vue/poole/KL all nailed on for top 4, the rest can fight it out. If I had to pick it would be wolves for the last place

Taxi for Watt.

And fair play to BWD, really stepping up this year. Started very ordinary but two big scores vs Rye.

Agree on both.

BWD is going well.Someone said on here that he wont score more than 3 is this race format at number 2.

Agree on both.

BWD is going well.Someone said on here that he wont score more than 3 is this race format at number 2.

Not to take anything away, but his opposite number has hardly been much cop over the 2 legs has he?

If he can go and do that against the better number 2s then we can start calling it progress

You have the Rye management to thank for your win after their major cock up with Rob Branford in the first leg.

Heads should roll 😤

Well done Swindon a couple more meetings for your fixture list!

• Like 1

ACEF 9+1 and 8 +2 ??????

Edited by Bald Bloke

ACEF 9+1 and 8 +2 ??????

Actually I'll hold my hands up here. He's beaten some decent riders whilst racking up those points. I can't really argue with that.

I just look at that Rye team, and I instantly take credit away! It's been terrible.

Apologies to BWD, and you.

Actually I'll hold my hands up here. He's beaten some decent riders whilst racking up those points. I can't really argue with that.

I just look at that Rye team, and I instantly take credit away! It's been terrible.

Apologies to BWD, and you.

:t:

I would give Rye a bit of time. Might be a few teams changes. Scott Nicholls is still a superb rider who always give 100% and scores consistently. Hard year at Belle Vue but a credit to the sport and a great asset to every team he rides for..

I am one to advocate "give it some time" but noticeable last night no Rye House rider in double figures.

Need a better result tonight but already struggle to see us getting 40, hope to swallow humble pie though.

p.s. is Nick Morris on one of Ivan Maugers 600cc bikes? what a start to the season.

I am one to advocate "give it some time" but noticeable last night no Rye House rider in double figures.

Need a better result tonight but already struggle to see us getting 40, hope to swallow humble pie though.

p.s. is Nick Morris on one of Ivan Maugers 600cc bikes? what a start to the season.

I'm not surprised by Rye House's poor start. I was more surprised when people rated them as a play off team or even title winners.

As a bees fan I have watched 5 of the 7 in my team. The reason they are on bargain averages is due to a decline of form over the last few years or very inconsistent form. There is no real number one to the team. Watt has been shocking for a while now but often blames the tracks rather than himself. Sadly that's why he was let go by Poole & Leicester. They are average at reserve compared to some teams.

Harris needs plenty of dirt on a track and then you will see the best of him.

Edited by mdmc82

Not a bad meeting at all,and there was a great race between Nick and the evergreen Nicholls .The result was a tad flattering as Rye put up a decent fight BWD was excellent but Morris was outstanding has he turned the corner i hope so the talent was always there can he push on we will see.

Heat 7 was between Harris and Morris which imo was the race of the night. Mediocre meeting, little passing, Swindon never in danger, Doyle and Morris on fire backed up by BWD. Zach looked out of his depth on tonight's performance. Bellago's clever use of bend 2 brought it's rewards in heat 14.

Edited by oldswindonsupporter
  • Like 1

Nick is absolutely flying at the moment. Heat 7 trying to team ride with Emil which went wrong on lap 2 and Harris shot between them both. However it made no difference as he caught Harris within a lap and passed him after a battle. Heat 13 he had to drop anchor at least twice because Doyle wasn't going quick enough.

• Like 1