British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Sheffield V Ipswich, 13-4-17 Championship @7-30pm

after last night i would be surprised if it wasn't back to just the faithful from now on in.it really annoys me because we have the makings of a very decent side but the racing is pure drivel.all bar maybe a couple of passes it was worse than watching paint dry.i was stood amongst a few ipswich supporters and felt for them really spending all that money and time on a thursday evening to watch 12 to 13 heats of boredom.that second bend again is getting downright dangerous because riders are looking for the only grain of dirt out there.if the track continues in the same vain then i regret buying 2 season tickets this year and wished i had gone to scunthorpe instead to see some good old fashioned proper racing.COME ON PROMOTION GET IT SORTED BEFORE YOU ALSO START TO LOSE YOUR REGULARS AS WELL.

• Like 5

Totally agree about the track. Why don't the powers that be tell the fans what's going on with the track. They have not said a thing, this as been going on for at least two seasons. The racing is rubbish. Get some dirt put on it please. Heep's looked like he was going to get hurt chasing the dirt. In one race him and Mark Riss took the paint of the boards. Scary.

The quality of the racing seems to have diminished at Sheffield since the installation of the air fence. Can't imagine why it might be a factor other than it's taken about two and a half to three feet off the width of the bends. Might just be a coincidence, or is it that I don't particularly like it! Didn't seem to make much of an additional safety measure again on Thursday when Danny King seemed to go under it after his bike hit it first. Seen that happen so many times as when Jason Doyle got badly injured towards the end of last season in the Grand Prix.

• Like 1

We have had good racing since the air fence went up, so not sure it can be blamed

think its more basic, either not enough shale or the wrong preparation, but that shouldn't matter because as I said, we have had good racing recently, well last season anyway

We have had good racing since the air fence went up, so not sure it can be blamed

think its more basic, either not enough shale or the wrong preparation, but that shouldn't matter because as I said, we have had good racing recently, well last season anyway

but most of the racing last year was pants as well.on thursday night it spoke volumes when you have racers like danny king and rory schlein who couldn't make a pass.tigers outgated ipswich pure and simple.now i love to see a tigers win but i,d rather them draw, lose or the score be much closer than see a gate and go meeting.

• Like 4

Oops, put random comments relevant to the Peterborough meeting on here by mistake.

Edited by Super Blue

Totally agree that's follow my leader processional speedway has been at owlerton for the last 3 years...

we have been coming to Sheffield since the closure of long eaton about 16 years ago and it was worth the effort.. now it's becoming a chore.. Scunthorpe on a Sunday afternoon although not ideal is becoming a very favourable option..

why have Sheffield lost all the SGB meetings?? Maybe similar reason that it doesn't promote the support..

Maybe best stadium, possibly best promotion but worst track !! Long Eaton had worst stadium , not the best team but always close meetings and good racing.. I'm with Moranboys... would rather lose but see close racing with passing inside and outside

• Like 2

The last decent meeting i saw at Owlerton, was the 2009 PLRC. Ricky Ashworth won, Darcy Ward runner up, Ty Proctor third.

It's sad. I can remember many years ago Sheffield had the good reputation of being one of the beast (& fast) tracks around, Now one of the worst...

Edited by icicle