British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aroundtheboards

Somerset V Swindon 21/4/17

With 5 away matches and just 2 at home in April and May will be in the cellar, and then hopefully rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.

It actually could work in our favour in terms of averages as we probably be well below their new points limit.

• Like 1

It actually could work in our favour in terms of averages as we probably be well below their new points limit.

True but fixture list too lopsided, 4 successive Thursdays without a match. The league of 8 is too small, have one big league of 18, would be hardly any gaps, keep fans interested.

• Like 1

True but fixture list too lopsided, 4 successive Thursdays without a match. The league of 8 is too small, have one big league of 18, would be hardly any gaps, keep fans interested.

Here, here.

• Like 1

A Swindon win by 2 - Doyley & Morris will score a min of 25 between them (heat 13 & 15 should be 5-1's to Swindon IMO), BWD will add more points, I'm confident Bellego will score well based on how he's riding at the moment. If Adam has his engines sorted (which hopefully he does) it will help. Our only problem is whether our reserves will be able to take points from theirs. That happens & it could be even more convincing.

• Like 1

This could well be an interesting meeting which I may actually come down to see!

You don't get new averages until you do 4 at home, 4 away, do you?

You don't get new averages until you do 4 at home, 4 away, do you?

Apparently so, but if Swindon have had a lot more away matches than home matches by the time they have had 4 at home then it stands to reason they will have a lower team average at that point.

A Swindon win by 2 - Doyley & Morris will score a min of 25 between them (heat 13 & 15 should be 5-1's to Swindon IMO), BWD will add more points, I'm confident Bellego will score well based on how he's riding at the moment. If Adam has his engines sorted (which hopefully he does) it will help. Our only problem is whether our reserves will be able to take points from theirs. That happens & it could be even more convincing.

This will be a tight one for sure. Can't see Doyle and Morris getting two 5-1's in heat 13 and 15 as you suggest though hyabb17.

Bellego and BWD are the ones to watch out for in my opinion. Bellego has looked really good on previous visits to the OTA and BWD will be a real threat.

Reckon this will be a humdinger of a local derby, and another big crowd. Rebels to win by 4 points.

This will be a tight one for sure. Can't see Doyle and Morris getting two 5-1's in heat 13 and 15 as you suggest though hyabb17.

Bellego and BWD are the ones to watch out for in my opinion. Bellego has looked really good on previous visits to the OTA and BWD will be a real threat.

Reckon this will be a humdinger of a local derby, and another big crowd. Rebels to win by 4 points.

And D Bellego seems to be improving all the time, so as you say he could be one to watch.

Yeah guys ! I am really relishing this one ! It will be good if Tuny has sorted himself out ! Just a shame we have to rely on Brady as a guest, albeit a brilliant one, it would have been good to go into this one with our own septet. Anyone heard how Paul Starke is doing with his shoulder injury ?

Rebels win by 10 as I think we have the better middle order atm. Ellis has been terrible and Kurtz has been awesome atm. If Grajczonek continues on from Friday and Saturday he can beat Morris and Allen/ Graversen is by far the better reserve pairing at home. Doyle and BWD will be a good pairing though against our weakest pairing in heat 1 with Tungate suffering and Starke not 100% fit.

Rebels win by 10 as I think we have the better middle order atm. Ellis has been terrible and Kurtz has been awesome atm. If Grajczonek continues on from Friday and Saturday he can beat Morris and Allen/ Graversen is by far the better reserve pairing at home. Doyle and BWD will be a good pairing though against our weakest pairing in heat 1 with Tungate suffering and Starke not 100% fit.

A badly out of touch Tungate beat Jason in the Pairs remember.

Let's hope the ref has his eyes on "roller" Brady at the starts as he's as bad as Sargent.

Has he been taking lessons from Hans ?

• Like 3